• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Texasphez

Mountain Goat

Bullwinkle

Grandfather he would have been 66 in that picture. Moved out to Oregon in the mid 30's.  Drove himself from Oregon to Alaska for this hunting trip. 

IMG_0003.jpg

Texasphez
On 12/27/2017 at 9:42 PM, Harry said:

Just found this thread....

Mountain Goat hunting is dang fine. Congrats to all who posted and if I may join in. There is another, but right now Photobucket has it held hostage.

Chugach Mountains----Alaska.

27566867009_b3c4b48035_b.jpg

Wow!!! That is a phenomenal goat! Oh I love that country!

Virgil Kane
On 12/27/2017 at 9:42 PM, Harry said:

Just found this thread....

Mountain Goat hunting is dang fine. Congrats to all who posted and if I may join in. There is another, but right now Photobucket has it held hostage.

Chugach Mountains----Alaska.

27566867009_b3c4b48035_b.jpg

Curious if you had to pay extra for the nice weather?  

Every time I hunted goat or Dall it was either raining, foggy or wind blowing snow sideways. LOL

In all seriousness, nice goat and a beautiful picture as is Bullwinkle's Grandfather with that Dall.

Virgil

Harry

I must admit, luck has followed me with Mt Goats. Have made two hunts and both times the weather was spectacular. Only exception being one day when we were supposed to fly out of base camp. Which turned into a memorable 1.5 days. 

Then, there was the opportunity distance. The first at 42 yards and this one at around 20. 

The other adventure of the first trip was a Black Bear that decided he would like to camp with us. He tore up camp the one day we were out. And later came in at night and stole the meat. No place to hang it and we knew he was lurking. When he finally got it, it was right outside the tent door and we had grown weary of getting up and running him off. 

Should have shot him when we had the chance a couple times.