NECarson

Limit on logged in devices?

NECarson

Hey Brad,

I've got a question... Do you limit the number of devices that we can be logged in on? I'm constantly logging on on something that I was logged in on a day or two ago.

FWIW- I use the forum on my phone and tablet, shop computer, and house computer. 

Brad Eden

Nope. I don't think I even have that admin function. I stay signed in to the Board on my iPhone, iMac and iPad and never have to sign back in unless I clear cookies and such. If that's not the case it's a users browser or computer that's the culprit I would say.

NECarson

Great... That means Chrome has some weird thing I haven't found... 

Thanks. 

Brad Eden

I checked into this further. Apparently, by default, The current IPS software will automatically log out other sessions if you log in more than 90 days after logging into the first device. This has been an issue and an annoyance to some people. There is a third party Plug-in to fix it but I refuse to install those Plug Ins since they can be a nightmare, and cause problems, and my Support contract doesn't cover them.

But the good news is we are on the verge of a major Upgrade that solves this log-out problem. That upgrade will likely be available and I will install it sometime this summer.

NECarson

That makes sense... Because it's not a constant thing. 

I don't blame you for your aversion to plug-ins. They tend to fix one issue and cause at least one more. 

NECarson

And thanks for checking!