• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
studdog

PICS and Plans for Covered Five Stand

studdog

Our club, Emmet County Sportsmen's Club, is planning for a covered five stand building to allow all season shooting.  Anyone with pics/plans they can share would be appreciated.  You can PM or e-mail me at gmoilanen@alphacomm.net  Thanks,  George

dogrunner

North Macomb has a nice setup. I will try to get a pic if I go there. 

KerryLuft

Waukesha Gun Club near Milwaukee has one of the nicest I've seen.  Fully enclosed with radiant heat above the shooting stations.

They also have a heated waiting room off to one side.   Really a super setup -- they have two others made from converted construction trailers and can run hundreds of shooters through them every week, even in the dead of a Wisconsin winter.

DSCN3941.jpg

studdog

Thanks Guys!  George

Kemo Sabe

We have a really nice enclosed, covered 5 Stand locally. You do have an issue with ported guns. I remember once when I was shooting, there was myself, and the other 4 shooters who all  had ported guns. I had to walk away. It was really unnerving after awhile. 

It's hard to say "no ported guns allowed", but if it was my own set up, I sure would. It's just not fair. 

studdog

Well, we've been shocked at the price to build a basic building.  The recession must be over.  $30-45K WOW!

Jakeismydog2

One club I went to used a shipping container for their indoor 5 stand. That's much cheaper than 30k

KerryLuft

Another option is a construction trailer, retrofitted.

I'm not surprised by your estimates.  PM me if you want to hear more.

studdog

Kerry, Someone from shotgun world sent me a bunch of pics of converting a construction trailer.  I think the 16 gauge shoot cub in St Cloud uses one.  While functional and inexpensive they're butt ugly IMO.  If I suggested that approach they string me up.  George

KerryLuft

Ugly and functional, just like a 391!