• Announcements

• Brad Eden

2018 UJ SUMMER AUCTION   06/23/2018

It's time....to start thinking about and preparing for the 2018 UJ SUMMER AUCTION. This Auction has become a UJ Tradition, with loads of great gear donated by our Ad Sponsors and Membership. Items range from Upland vests...Birddog gear...hunting and fishing trips...silver engraved money clips...custom knives, to great food products. I will be starting to contact Upland Ad Sponsors and Members, and will start the dedicated Auction Forum soon. I will include links to past Auctions so Members get an idea of what's typically available to bid on, and to see if they have anything they would like to offer for bidding. Stay tuned!
ANF grousin

2017 ANF Gathering

ANF grousin

I was just asked by a long lost friend if there was going to be a gathering again this year, of course there will be.

Dates for this years gathering will be August 11-13, one week earlier than usual; it seems the Crab King is getting re-married the following weekend.

It will be the standard itinerary:

Friday afternoon meet up for a few beers, head out and run dogs, come back in at dusk for more beer and all the crabs you can eat.

Saturday morning we'll have a big supply of bacon as that is the best cure for a hangover, along with eggs made to order, including Sandy Ridge Omelettes.  After breakfast we'll head out again to work dogs.  Back in by noon to grab lunch, and shoot some clays.  The rest of the day will be spent crowing the Corn Hole champion.

Sunday morning will start with more bacon(best cure for an hangover) along with blueberry pancakes, bumper crop this year.  For those that want to get in some extra dog work, we'll head back out for one last run(s).

This is an excellent opportunity to get young dogs on wild birds or tune up older dogs for the upcoming season.  Running dogs lightly for the past week, and from spring counts, there will be plenty of woodcock and grouse to get your dogs on.  Pointing and flushing dogs welcomed, even those without tails.  Hope to have a good turnout again this year.

Kieffer

Count me in; just scheduled a vacation day for the 11th.

delahunter834

This is a great event!Jeff's bacon is worth the trip alone.If you don't have a dog on problem some of us just sit around drinking and telling lies.

Tim Frazier

I save one day a year to call off just incase this event get's switched.  I will be there!  How many years is this now?  6?  I know this, you will not meet more serious bird hunters with a greater amount of wild bird knowledge anywhere else on the weekend of August 12th so come on up!

delahunter834
2 hours ago, Tim Frazier said:

I save one day a year to call off just incase this event get's switched.  I will be there!  How many years is this now?  6?  I know this, you will not meet more serious bird hunters with a greater amount of wild bird knowledge anywhere else on the weekend of August 12th so come on up!

Thanks Tim ,Rodney and I really appreciate the compliment 

irish Eyes

I plan to make it. Just coordinated with Dickie for accomadations. I'll bringing the clams again, unless Jeff would like something else. Just let me know. 

Thanks Jeff for bringing us together. Always have a great time.

Brad Eden

Pinned and added to Community Calendar.

DAP

I plan to attend.  I will bring cornhole.  I will bring multiple cases of beer.   I am taking requests.  

Wilmurt

So where is this gig?

Zoli 16ga.

Really going to try and make it. Should be able to bring the sixteen with me...and the mutt of course.

Should be lots of fun....having not to look at Kurt's hat choice and all...

Kieffer
8 hours ago, Wilmurt said:

So where is this gig?

Close to Tionesta, PA

DAP
18 hours ago, Wilmurt said:

So where is this gig?

For those not familiar with the abbreviation, ANF stands for Allegheny National Forest, while GROUSIN is the abbreviation for Getting Really Old, Unfortunately Senility Is Next. 

Tim Frazier

If you google Whig Hill, Pennsylvania you will get withing a mile or two of Jeff's place.   Zoom in and you will see German Hill Rd, Jeff's road in Bean Town, a right had turn just a little ways SW.

Tim Frazier

whig.jpg

ANF grousin

The senile old man is back from a weekend at the cabin, all is set for the gathering.  Running dogs over the weekend, I was finding good numbers of grouse but woodcock were limited.   But some of the better woodcock areas are a swamp right now.  Hopefully it all dries up a bit in the next few weeks.