FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
ANF grousin

2017 ANF Gathering

Mike Connally

I've never been to this but I'm very interested. It would be great to meet some more UJ'ers.  

Edit:

I've just glanced through the 2016 thread. I'm planning on coming if that's ok. I'll bring a tent and a cot if I need to. And a 6 month old setter. 

I can bring beer, bourbon, or anything else that might be needed. 

delahunter834
5 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

I've never been to this but I'm very interested. It would be great to meet some more UJ'ers.  

Edit:

I've just glanced through the 2016 thread. I'm planning on coming if that's ok. I'll bring a tent and a cot if I need to. And a 6 month old setter. 

We'd love to have Mike ,a good time will be had by all.

Mike Connally

Thank you. I'll be up Friday afternoon. 

GraceinVA
5 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

Edit:

It would be worth your time

Jeff is kind of weird and his cabin is full of mounted chipmunks (that he does himself), Hilary posters, and empty bacon packages but once you get past all that he is alright. DAP and Tim are top notch guys as well. I have never made it to this event, but have spent minimal time chasing the king with them. Good fellas for sure... 

delahunter834
14 minutes ago, GraceinVA said:

Jeff is kind of weird and his cabin is full of mounted chipmunks (that he does himself), Hilary posters, and empty bacon packages but once you get past all that he is alright. DAP and Tim are top notch guys as well. I have never made it to this event, but have spent minimal time chasing the king with them. Good fellas for sure... 

So way not come on up the best of the bunch,Rodney will be there.

GraceinVA
15 minutes ago, delahunter834 said:

So way not come on up the best of the bunch,Rodney will be there.

I'd love to, but I am expecting my first child on August 18th. Was thinking about bringing the wife in case it happened that weekend and we could just deliver her at Jeff's cabin, but she gets a little freaked out by all of Jeff's chipmunks

irish Eyes
3 hours ago, GraceinVA said:

I'd love to, but I am expecting my first child on August 18th. Was thinking about bringing the wife in case it happened that weekend and we could just deliver her at Jeff's cabin, but she gets a little freaked out by all of Jeff's chipmunks

No problem. Tim has extensive medical experience, although we might have to make helicopter noises during the delivery to make him feel comfortable. 

The chipmunks aren't scary at all . Jeff has them mounted and dressed as all the characters from " the Nutcracker" it really is nice and it reminds you of Christmas.

Tell the old ball and chain to "buck up" you will be home long before the due date and first kids are always late.

really, my wife would have killed me. Hope to see you next year. Good luck with the new pup.

Tim Frazier
4 hours ago, GraceinVA said:

I have delivered 2 kids in the field in 27 years and get a twitch just thinking about it! ;-)  You stay home and treat momma right, it will payoff for years! (and she might let you come up for a weekend this fall!)

delahunter834
3 hours ago, Tim Frazier said:

I have delivered 2 kids in the field in 27 years and get a twitch just thinking about it! ;-)  You stay home and treat momma right, it will payoff for years! (and she might let you come up for a weekend this fall!)

Wise man Mr Tim.

Tim Frazier

Jeff is adding an wapiti watching tour for a mere fee of $99.99, or one case of dark beer. (trespass fees not included)

elk.jpg

ANF grousin

Two weeks to go, trying to get a final head count, need to order pork products this week so I can start the bacon process.  I know DAP can eat a jowl by himself.

Zoli 16ga.

Count me in, barring any unforeseen circumcisions......I mean circumstances. (whew)

DAP
On 7/24/2017 at 0:50 PM, GraceinVA said:

Jeff is kind of weird and his cabin is full of mounted chipmunks (that he does himself)

But you have to admit, he does a pretty good job.

rT5CdJO.jpg

delahunter834

I think chipmunk is what we are having Sat nite for dinner.

Tim Frazier

I'll be there Friday evening.  Ready to try out my new camping set up!

IMG_7959.JPG

IMG_7955.JPG