FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
KerryLuft

Congrats to dogrunner

KerryLuft

B2 at the Michigan state sporting clays championship.

Ruger1

Been PM'ing dogrunner and following the B Class Main Event. Congrats on 2 punches. In part because of his encouragement I shot the Pre. Lim. ...and well I'm still trying to be humble but.....

Ruger 1

gunsrus

Damn guys are good , congrats !

Ruger1
16 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Damn guys are good , congrats !

Since you sorta' asked  :D - I won the D Class Pre.Lim. 83/100.  I had a lot of support, encouragement and coaching over the last couple of years... all responsible for most of this.

Ruger 1

dogrunner

Thanks Kerry.    Sat I shot well, it was more my style course, farther birds with more air under them. I only dropped 5 in the more open stands then once in the woods with only 6 stands left I missed 10 that hurt. Yesterday dropped the first bird.. After 2 stands I was only down 2. Then a right to left close fast rabbit gave me 4 big goose eggs, trapper said nobody liked his target, I know I sure didn't. From there it was seemed like I had poor focus for the next 4 stands. Then the last 7 stands I only lost 6 so the woods didn't beat me up like the day before. I was surprised when the trapper told me my score, I thought it was gonna be worse. Yesterday it was more what I call a dip and dunk course, shorter off speed, lots of falling targets, not a big fan of that type of course.  Also shot the FITASC, mostly big birds up in the air with distance, definitely some Big boy targets.    That is what I like. First Parcour wasn't to bad some speed and some high stuff, nobody ran either Parcour but 1 was probably the easier of the 2. Parcour 2 had the farthest fastest rabbit I have ever seen. We had to shoot it at every hoop and I only broke it 1 time.  I ended up tied for 3rd.       Normally I am 50% or better on rabbits, yesterday I think it was 10% :o.  Ruger 1 shot a Great score in the Prelim, lots of good shooters shot less than him,  Congrats on the win. 

dogrunner

A few pics. 5 stand area. 

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

dogrunner

The Pro from Ohio, Robert Harford is the 1 on the left. 

Wes Stueber

dogrunner,

Congrats on the big win!  Way to go.  See you next month @ Sparta.  How's your little Brittany doing by now?  By the way, nice looking gun club.  Where is it located?

Brittman

Ruger1
4 hours ago, Wes Stueber said:

dogrunner,

Congrats on the big win!  Way to go.  See you next month @ Sparta.  How's your little Brittany doing by now?  By the way, nice looking gun club.  Where is it located?

Brittman

It's the Detroit Gun Club, Walled Lake, MI - a very, very nice place to shoot. I think the club started about 1918 or so and they've been at their present location since about 1954. They're often ranked amongst the top five U.S. shooting clubs for the number of birds thrown. I shot there for the first time Friday and although I hoped to be squadded with Edsel Ford II  it didn't quite work out :D . Just kidding, like I wrote a very, very nice place to shoot. The club's manager "Scotty" (he's often billed as the "Mussolini" of shooting club managers  because he "...keeps the trains running on time..." ) couldn't have been more congenial and accommodating as were the rest of the staff there.

Ruger 1

dogrunner

Thanks Wes,  like Ruger 1 said it's a nice place.  I started shooting there about 1996. They usually throw a Sporting tournament once a month also some skeet tournaments.  A good place to shoot.  

dogrunner

The nasty rabbit is on trap 4 on the left. 

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

dogrunner

This was a old trap I seen in a shack from years gone by. 

IMG_2416.JPG

Don Steese

Congrats!!

dogrunner

Thanks Don. I had a pretty good year and it has transferred over to bird shooting.