• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
Grifish

Fall Cocker Trials

Grifish

It looks like the weekend starting September 8th begins the fall season. That weekend Washington State, Wisconsin and Maine are all having trials.  Samantha and Ollie are going to start at the New Glarus, Wi amateur and then head to Arena, Wi the next week.

Who's running where this Fall?  

Figured I should write up a little schedule of trials for those who might like to see some cockers run:

Sept 8-10

Cascade,Wa

New Glarus, Wi

Dresden, Me

Sept 15-17

Menoken, Nd

Arena, Wi

Sept 23-24

Granville,Ma

Sept 30-Oct 1

Door Co, Wi

Western, Ny

Oct 6-8

Fox Valley, Wi

North East, Oh

Oct 14-15

Fallon,Nv

Princeton, Mn

Oct 21-22

St Croix, Wi

Nov 1-4

National Cocker Trial

Zenda, Ks

cockerfan

Not sure what I'm doing yet...I try to be strategic leading up to Nationals. I may wait until October and hit the Fox Valley trial and a MN trial and then prepare for Nationals. The next few weeks will determine a lot though. 

Hal Standish

Make a plan and work your plan! Good sense! Much better than a willy nilly approach to trialing activities.

Grifish

Well our plan revolves around hope! Hope, the 'lil turd wins another Am. Hope, we trained enough and not too much. Hope, the 13yo Tahoe stays together. Hope, Sam has gained enough experience in the past 6 months to gather a few more points. Hope, Ollie has enough in the tank for a good showing in Kansas.  Hope I don't go bankrupt!    

Good luck, Jordan, maybe next year we can train more for Nationals and worry less about points.  Hal, all the best to you, your wife and the dogs this fall. 

Yukon1

We'll probably run the Patriot Club trial Sept. 23 & 24 since it's our home club and I'll be there helping out anyway. Daughter gets married on the weekend of the Maine trial so that one is out for us. We lost some training time as Chunk & I each spent some time on the DL this summer (nothing serious but time consuming) and we're just now slowly getting back into the swing of things. 

Good luck to everyone with their Fall endeavors!!

cockerfan
1 hour ago, Grifish said:

Well our plan revolves around hope! Hope, the 'lil turd wins another Am. Hope, we trained enough and not too much. Hope, the 13yo Tahoe stays together. Hope, Sam has gained enough experience in the past 6 months to gather a few more points. Hope, Ollie has enough in the tank for a good showing in Kansas.  Hope I don't go bankrupt!    

Good luck, Jordan, maybe next year we can train more for Nationals and worry less about points.  Hal, all the best to you, your wife and the dogs this fall. 

Hope for sure has a lot to do with it.  We're depending on a dog to make good decisions - what could possibly go wrong? :)

Getting the title finished definitely changes the game plan. I fortunately was able to finish Sammy's FC this spring, so now only have one trial dog that is looking for a title (and three youngsters waiting in the wings for 2018).

Good luck to you and Sam this fall!

Grifish

Yukon great to hear that you and Chunk are feeling better. I messed up my Achilles, but I can hobble off to work,so my part of team Griffin is still working!  Is your son going to try running Chunk again?

All the best to all the teams out here this fall.

Yukon1
15 hours ago, Grifish said:

Is your son going to try running Chunk again?

He thinks he would like to. He really enjoyed it last time.

Grifish
3 hours ago, Yukon1 said:

He thinks he would like to. He really enjoyed it last time.

That's great- if you let him! :)

Grifish

One day the Mrs. might even let me run Ollie!

jackiep

Looks like I should be making it to my first national in Kansas this year.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!  Only one trial on our schedule before the nationals and that will be a over in Fallon, Nevada.  It is a alternating  springer/cocker trial and the first trial that cockers have been added.  Hoping my dog holds together but not much time to work her due to taking on my mom in her failing health.   Do not want to miss another nationals so we will be there ready or not :). 

dauber

Good luck to everyone with their fall goals!

Our plan is to hit 3 weekends of trials, the Arena, Wi., Door co Wi, and the first day of Fox Valley. Then 3 weeks of grouse hunting across the UP. Then prepare a couple for the Nationals. 

The goals are to get Tappy into a few puppy trials at Arena and see how he does with them. If he is underwhelmed by them he will get a crack at an amateur, if not he will end the fall in puppy. With Murphy we are hoping to get closer to his FC this fall. Zac will only run if an entry is needed for an amateur. 

Good luck Team Grifish!  Looking forward to seeing Sam and Ollie. If Sam has any problems let us know, we will do anything we can to help while she is out in our country. 

Grifish
3 hours ago, dauber said:

Good luck to everyone with their fall goals!

If Sam has any problems let us know, we will do anything we can to help while she is out in our country. 

I really appreciate that Steve.

Hopefully, you will just have to tell her which way the wind is blowing!

Grifish
4 hours ago, dauber said:

With Murphy we are hoping to get closer to his FC this fall.

Murphy is just flat awesome I would not be surprised if he goth the FC in his next two trials.  I was kinda hoping that you and Murph were going to give Sunny and Ollie a run for their money for high points Amateur.  Good luck and say hi to Karen.

dauber
43 minutes ago, Grifish said:

Murphy is just flat awesome I would not be surprised if he goth the FC in his next two trials.  I was kinda hoping that you and Murph were going to give Sunny and Ollie a run for their money for high points Amateur.  Good luck and say hi to Karen.

We're pulling for Ollie!  We need to work on Murph's FC this fall.