• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Grifish

Fall Cocker Trials

jackiep

Congratulations to Cockerfan, Dauber and Griffish!!!  So proud of all the UJs....you all rock!!

dauber

Fantastic news Team Oliver and the Grifish's!!  Congrats to Sam on the win!!

gaberdeen

Just saw this. Way to go Ollie and Sam!

Yukon1

Congrats to Ollie and Sam, well done!!!

dauber

Congrats to Jackiep on your placement with Bridget at the Arrowhead ESS Club cocker trial in NV. Fantastic!

Grifish

Way to go Jackie n Bridget!  What was the cover like in NV?

Grifish

At Nationals we should get a pic of all UJers in attendance with pups.  What say ye?

cockerfan
2 hours ago, Grifish said:

At Nationals we should get a pic of all UJers in attendance with pups.  What say ye?

That'd be a neat idea. The picture will be sans Cockerfan though...I chose to stay home this year and focus on getting the younger dogs more hunting experience. We'll he locked and loaded for 2018 though. 

We didn't end the fall trials without a few ribbons though. Last weekend, Cato won back to back amateur trials as Fox Valley. I always get particularly excited when a young dog starts winning trials...it's fun to have another billet, and they're not easy to find (or train to that level, obviously). 

IMG_0524.JPG

Grifish

Cato looks good in blue! Congratulations!

Bummer that we won’t see you in Kansas.

jackiep

Sorry to hear you won't be making it to Kansas I was so looking forward to watching your dogs run.  Congrats on the wins with Cato....very nice indeed!

We should definitely take a photo of the UJers!

Fallon, NV was a lot of fun this past weekend.  The cover was wheat grass mostly in the 2 to 3 foot range but some of the taller stuff in the 3rd series was about 5 feet.  The birds flew well all weekend and as always our guns did a amazing job.  It ended up almost a 50 dog trial each day (14 cockers and the remaining springers) so it was a very long weekend and we used up every bit of daylight running dogs.

Thanks for the congrats....Bridget ended up winning the trial on Sunday after her 3rd on Saturday so very happy with the maturity and consistency she showed this weekend.   My handling was not as good as her bird work but I learned a few things about trusting my dog and we still ended up pulling off a pretty good weekend.

Really looking forward to making it to my first national!

Yukon1
On 10/15/2017 at 6:02 AM, dauber said:

Congrats to Jackiep on your placement with Bridget at the Arrowhead ESS Club cocker trial in NV. Fantastic!

Congrats indeed, very well done!!

dauber

Huge congrats Jackie on the Blue Ribbon!!  Looking forward to seeing you in Kansas. 

Grifish

Wow another blue, outstanding!  If there’s no pic, it didn’t happen!

The UJ has had a pretty great year so far.  Let’s have a National that we all complete, would’nt that be a hoot!

jackiep
1 hour ago, Grifish said:

Wow another blue, outstanding!  If there’s no pic, it didn’t happen!

The UJ has had a pretty great year so far.  Let’s have a National that we all complete, would’nt that be a hoot!

OK here is the proof .  Also what is better than a cocker/springer combo?  Cocker/Springer puppies playing!  Also a photo from the field so you can check out the cover.22467659_1727796567530205_2344781886656922449870_10214044542168386_178288193235622310578_1727789894197539_71079472466289

dauber

We didn’t get any group UJer pictures at Kansas since it was dark on the morning when we’d be together in the parking area. But here are a few of us. 

Also a picture of 4th series woods from gallery and 5th series cover. 

Congrats to Jackie and Bridget for tying for high point western region cocker!!

It was great meeting Jackie and her husband and seeing Grifish and his wonderful wife again. 

We’re working hard but getting birds on our Nebraska hunt. 

7ADBDB23-7407-4063-A94A-BB522296620D.jpeg

77E30043-CF5B-49B6-B2E8-9B317F861E74.jpeg

8A0F8799-FD3A-404A-BDC7-DD21A3115926.jpeg

97FFB0E7-8711-4E54-83FA-90CAA6E2FFD8.jpeg

B2952AA2-C7BB-4349-8234-C6CC045BEC1B.jpeg