FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Speedgoat44

Fix truck or trade truck...a timeless dilemma

Dogwood
15 hours ago, grousehunter 61 said:

You can do the intake yourself,  don't turn over the motor, mark on the firewall where your rotor cap is pointed with a felt pen, mark the body of the distributor directly under the rotor then pull it out. when you put it back in it will twist, so watch which way it came out and just do it backward , No biggie.   

No biggie for you maybe.  Like brain surgery for me!  Heck I change my own oil, top off the wiper fluid, maybe check the tire pressure, and give myself a big pat on the back.

Rockdoc

92K on a modern vehicle is nothing. However, I'd find a cheaper mechanic (actually I'd fix it myself, but I digress) the price for repairs sounds way to high. Drive it down here to AZ, do some quail hunting, and while your hunting I'll fix it for half the price you're being quoted!

Steve

Speedgoat44

"Louie, (Rockdoc) I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."  :)  One of these days I'll take you up on that.   

Rockdoc
3 hours ago, Speedgoat44 said:

"Louie, (Rockdoc) I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."  :)  One of these days I'll take you up on that.   

Mearns quail season began December 8th. You could be shooting an *Arizona Slam while I'm fixing your truck.

Steve

*Arizona Slam is shooting a gambles, scaled, and mearns quail all in one day.