• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
MDash2

ND this season?

MDash2

Any insight on how the duck season looks considering the drought status? We have hunted around the Devils Lake area for the last 10 years but there are concerns about making the trip this season. 

watermen

I wouldn't be concerned at all. According to DU duck numbers are still very high and ND state survey showed modest decreases.  There was great water in DL and north into Canada early.   I don't remember how the local hatch rotates before the season, But there should be lots of ducks and less water for them to spread out.  Good if your field hunting and better if you water hunt like most minnesotan's.  I hope I'm not missing anything, but just bought a layout boat for this year.

Remo

There is water up there, less grain, more row crops.

Tim Frazier
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, MDash2 said:

Any insight on how the duck season looks considering the drought status? We have hunted around the Devils Lake area for the last 10 years but there are concerns about making the trip this season. 

My BIL goes out there as well.  Another Flight Nurse I used to work with has family there and they are farmers.  Kip has been going out for 8-10 years now it seems.  I just never want to give up grouse hunting time but maybe one day.

dogrunner
2 hours ago, Tim Frazier said:

My BIL goes out there as well.  Another Flight Nurse I used to work with has family there and they are farmers.  Kip has been going out for 8-10 years now it seems.  I just never want to give up grouse hunting time but maybe one day.

You should go, out of all the places I have hunted ND has  the most waterfowl  I have every seen. 

dogrunner

They were around and more arrived every day. 

69022F23-0843-471D-B2E3-EF2ECF586867.jpeg

dogrunner

Plenty of honkers also, snows were just starting to come down. 

8E80FBA0-8E54-458A-A219-3BB875CD4221.jpeg

Tim Frazier
Just now, dogrunner said:

Plenty of hookers also, snows were just starting to come down. 

8E80FBA0-8E54-458A-A219-3BB875CD4221.jpeg

Count me in!!!  I'm all about ND hookers!  Ha!

dogrunner

You would have them all to yourself most guys I talked with only wanted ducks. 

mccuha

Hopefully they will have the weather to push new birds in.  Went last year and was to warm and no new flights.  Made it really tough. Birds were there but really educated 

dogrunner
21 minutes ago, Tim Frazier said:

Count me in!!!  I'm all about ND hookers!  Ha!

Wait till you see them, they are a 9 instead of a 10 like Vegas :)   and some of them had more Tats than most NBA players. 

mccuha
17 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Wait till you see them, they are a 9 instead of a 10 like Vegas :)   and some of them had more Tats than most NBA players. 

The ones I saw last year always had a big dip between there cheek and gums.  that was a real turn off. At least for me

dogrunner

Skoal  brother. Just a pinch between your cheek and gum.