• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Flushing Whip

Photos of Irish Setters from Ireland

gunsrus

I agree . Haven't seen such beautiful Irish Setters in many years .

frak

Seems that I live for these arm-chair tours on UJ.  Thanks for taking us!  Your explanations and photos are first-rate!

Flushing Whip

Thank you all for looking at the dogs and listening to our tale. They are indeed, fine companions if you hunt, great competitors if you trial and most of all, eager to play whatever your game-- and win. I had my "once in a lifetime" dog, Finn McCool and he was an exceptional hunter. He loved working pheasants and had a prey drive with no tomorrow. If she pointed a bird and I missed my shot-- he'd watch the bird go, turn and tell me what (in no uncertain terms) before taking off after that pheasant. Almost every time he'd bring it back. I'm not sure how he could stand me but he was pretty much guaranteed to bring home dinner. 

Finn in the field on point

22448207_1639530676117875_43301647682212

Here he is with dinner. I'd love to say I shot this bird but in THIS case-- he tracked it down and did the job himself

22448440_1639526916118251_60361521972266

Finally, just a shot of us talking. I probably apologized for my ineptness. After I had shingles I had to give up hunting. My hand, sometimes has a "mind of it's own" and I didn't want to kill my dog or husband.

22448360_1639516046119338_53193082834783

Again-- thanks for looking.