FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
floodcity

Walleye

floodcity

Finally got to Lake Erie. A day off with calm waters was hard to find. Took a limit of walleyes with largest 31inches. Added some white bass to the mix.

20170830_123955.jpg

watermen

Erie is a great resource to live next to.  31 incher is a good one, heavy!

Fire Marshal Bill

A 31 inch walleye is one heck of a nice fish!!! Good eating too. 

WPG Gizmo

I'm Jealous very nice fish 

topdog1961

I'm jealous too, and not above begging. If you ever run out of fishing partners and want one who will buy the gas,, beverages and bait, PM me, especially if ur on the western half. My bass boat just isn't quite Erie worthy. I have several UJers who will vouch for my character, but u may want to check with their character witnesses. 

Virgil Kane

Nice !

floodcity
On 9/12/2017 at 7:50 AM, topdog1961 said:

I'm jealous too, and not above begging. If you ever run out of fishing partners and want one who will buy the gas,, beverages and bait, PM me, especially if ur on the western half. My bass boat just isn't quite Erie worthy. I have several UJers who will vouch for my character, but u may want to check with their character witnesses. 

I fish out of Erie PA which is about 3 1/2hr drive from my home. I have a 17.5ft vhull boat so I have to watch the weather very closely as Erie can be very dangerous. I am done walleye fishing for the year but will keep you in mind for next year. I am likely quite a distance from you. My success also varies considerably......wouldn't make it as a charter captain.

Remo

What kind of rig are you using? Most of ours are caught on bottom bouncers & spinners or speed trolling crank baits.

dogrunner

These were caught on rigs called Wormburners. The others were caught on spoons behind planer boards. 

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

floodcity
32 minutes ago, Remo said:

What kind of rig are you using? Most of ours are caught on bottom bouncers & spinners or speed trolling crank baits.

Caught most of them on worm harnesses off of dipsey divers. I was fishing in 75fow with the walleyes suspended at about 50ft.

floodcity
27 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

These were caught on rigs called Wormburners. The others were caught on spoons behind planer boards. 

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

Now that's a nice mess of walleyes!

topdog1961
2 hours ago, floodcity said:

I fish out of Erie PA which is about 3 1/2hr drive from my home. I have a 17.5ft vhull boat so I have to watch the weather very closely as Erie can be very dangerous. I am done walleye fishing for the year but will keep you in mind for next year. I am likely quite a distance from you. My success also varies considerably......wouldn't make it as a charter captain.

Yep, you fish about 4.5 hours from me. I was hoping you were fishing out of the Port Clinton area, which is only a couple hours. That is a doable one day trip for me but Erie PA would take a lot more. I miss my brother in law's father, RIP. He was a fisherman first and only occupied his spare time farming. He had a 21 ft boat and was always looking for someone to go to Erie with him. Lots of good memories there. 

Big Al

Man, do I miss those fresh walleye dinners.  Good job.

Virgil Kane
13 hours ago, Big Al said:

Man, do I miss those fresh walleye dinners.  Good job.

When all else fails a trip to the Jolly Roger in Port Clinton is very satisfying.

Virgil

ThreeDogs

That is a lot of GOOD EATS!