• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
NECarson

What ecollar?

What ecollar?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. What ecollar setup?

• TriTronics/Garmin ecollar
    • Garmin ecollar/GPS combination
    • SportDog ecollar
    • SportDog ecollar/GPS combination
    • Dogtra ecollar
    • D. T. System ecollar

NW River Mac

35 years ago I had a Tri-tronics that was bomb proof.  I got out of dogs for a while and lost it in a move so was without one.  Six or seven years ago I got a small sport dog and the range wasn't very good so I upgraded to a sport dog 1850.  That lasted about a year and a half and one collar died and would never sync again and the beepers would crap out.  I went back to Tri-tronics and the Pro 500.  Never an issue with ecollars since I got that one.  I use that running beagles all year round and for bird dogs during the season.  The collars take a beating from the beagles, much worse than any bird dog could ever dish out.  They are working fine five years later.  

mhadley

For the way I train the Dogtra Edge RT is great. Lots of options right at your fingertips. 

studdog

Dogtra's are hard to beat.  I went to a Sportdog 825 because of the small size.   It works well.  I think Sportdog cleaned up their act after some quality issues. As with most technology there is way too much built into most of the products out there.  Most of us running well trained dogs only use the collar for an occasional correction.  I used to be part of the "No collar" crowd but have found there is a time and a place for them used properly.

aje4

Dogtra 2500 & Astro.....

DennisMcFeely

Dogtra 2500 t&b

zhtrainer

Garmin Astro 220 and 2 DC 40 collars. Also have Garmin Astro 100 and TT15 minicollar.