• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
SaltCityJeff

**Official** Chukar and Hun Thread 2017 - 2018

ThomGordon

Pre Chuk prep work...

P1200211 JPGII

P1190771 JPGII

P1190627 JPGII

JB1

Awesome pic of the boys. You are doing a great job of passing on your passion for upland hunting Birddog. Hope to be hunting with you and the boys again sooner than later. 

Okhotnik
8 hours ago, ThreeDogs said:

I keep all my him skins, they are the best fly tying skins going only the mighty ring neck can rival it as far as tying flies.

I keep all my hun feathers

great for soft hackle patterns I use mostly in lakes

ThreeDogs

Utah chukar opener. I think this photo pretty well captures it.

IMG_3232.JPG

ThomGordon

Chuks=1

Me=Goose egg

Three hundred yds from the truck with little light for the lens I hear a deuce of beepers going off. I'm thinking "Hell yes, here we go" to only find notta. I believe the pup being wouned up bumped them. An hour later the hounds were worthless due to the heat, good thing too the snakes were on the prowl. We called er a day @ 9;45am

P1200385 JPGII

P1200389 JPGII

P1200413

P1200442 JPGII

P1200418 JPGII

P1200435 JPGII

ThreeDogs

That's a beautiful gopher snake Thom. Did you catch him? My boys love bringing pets home from the mountain. Henry carried this beautiful spider on a deer shed for three miles back the the truck. At one point he said, "dad, maybe you could carry my spider under your hat, I really don't think he would bite you,"

Kids.....

IMG_2924.JPG

ThreeDogs

We didn't see or hear a single chukar but we jumped a nice buck. 

IMG_2888.JPG

SaltCityJeff

We got taken to the cleaners today ourselves, 9 Miles for us, ~28 Miles for the dogs (each), and 6800 vert (up down). No huns or chukar were seen or heard from. We had two solid points today on sage grouse and must have chased them around the range because our second solid point was again sage grouse. There were 5 total in one flush we had. We did bump a single dusky but got caught off guard thinking it was another sage grouse, no shots fired. It was a wet day. The afternoon was better than the AM and dried up, but still no birds. As my mom would say, “I’m pooped!”

Here’s a distant shot I took of Big Foot, I swear, he really exists and carries a shotgun and has a white pointer (seen to the far right)! 😜

05AFF633-5DDD-4EA4-A96B-7AEF9BD951C5.thumb.jpeg.55e29c142c76e6ee97c1c2e6eacfb045.jpeg

Lars

Note to self.  If wind is in the forecast don't go. :S   Went from cinch the cap to flip it backwards to sticking it in the vest.  Headache did to manage to flush two just out of range and then heard another cluck in the vertical rocks I wouldn't dare take him out to.  But it was a good morning!

gjw

Hey all, went out today solo after our Annual Church Dinner/Fair.  Decided to hit one of my good spots.  Didn't see any grouse today, but Raina pointed a couple of nice roosters.  Flushed up some Huns and managed one from that covey.  Flushed up another covey and managed a double for a limit. I felt like Ben O. Williams!  

I used my 16ga FN

52613_1024x768.jpg

and.......Raina

52614_1024x768.jpg

Best,

Greg

Don Steese

That's a gorgeous gun you've go there!  Dog's good looking too!!  

gjw
8 minutes ago, Don Steese said:

That's a gorgeous gun you've go there!  Dog's good looking too!!  

Thanks Don or the kind words!

Don Steese
1 minute ago, gjw said:

Thanks Don or the kind words!

I had one that looked a lot like her....the dog, not the gun!IMG_0078.JPG.f669bc778a4711693974991f7ade1a5f.JPG

Okhotnik
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, ThomGordon said:

Chuks=1

Me=Goose egg

Three hundred yds from the truck with little light for the lens I hear a deuce of beepers going off. I'm thinking "Hell yes, here we go" to only find notta. I believe the pup being wouned up bumped them. An hour later the hounds were worthless due to the heat, good thing too the snakes were on the prowl. We called er a day @ 9;45am

P1200385 JPGII

P1200389 JPGII

P1200413

P1200442 JPGII

P1200418 JPGII

P1200435 JPGII

cool pic of bull snake

Okhotnik

mixed bag chukar, hun and quail

http://KxZOQsL.jpg