• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
gjw

2017 Hunting Season Photos - Let's See Them

gjw

Hi all, thought I'd start this so we can all post photos of our 2017 season.  Include guns, game, dogs, friends etc. So let's see some of those great photos you all take so well!

I'll start it off with my after work hunt today.  Went out solo, a bit windy, only saw 3. 2 of them were wild, but the 3rd one is in the bag.

I was using my 16ga Carl Goluch today

52584_1024x768.jpg

Hope to see your pics soon.

Best,

Greg

dogrunner

I smell something good. 

F357E5F8-DA75-45B8-A68F-C4918F9B9C15.jpeg

Up North

image.thumb.jpg.66477bd7d156db1af1a62f8683974d51.jpg

Finally it all came together! The dog started pointing, and I got the bend out of the gun barrel. 😉

Greg Hartman

I think Milrob started a 2017 guns and birds thread over in the Firearms Forum (always one of my favorite annual threads), however, I agree that it's certainly time for a 2017 hunting photo thread.  Here are a few from September (yeah, its only doves, but that's all that is open so far here).

Joy pointing a dove that actually held for a point - VERY rare - musta been asleep or something:

36789322576_ec3dde4004_h.jpg

Some birds coming into the flowers and sorghum:

36284299974_8f12feaeb2_h.jpg

My elderly buddy, The Chaser, making a retrieve in the rain.  It's been mostly too hot to take him out.

37081096701_cee57a5422_h.jpg

By the big lake - just beginning to see some color:

37049531472_76e8ee288f_h.jpg

Joy retrieve:

36805685502_6f0441a732_h.jpg

Found the ruins of an 18th century farmstead - can't help but wonder what the people who first cleared this land and built their hopes and dreams in this spot experienced in their lifetimes:

37100125740_fb599d42c3_h.jpg

Joy watching for incomers on a hot day:

37100124570_91b8dc2701_h.jpg

gjw

Hey all, sorry, I didn't know that Milrob also started a thread like this.  Seems like we don't need both, so why don't we just post on his thread.  No sense in jumping back and forth.

Best,

Greg

Greg Hartman
1 hour ago, gjw said:

Hey all, sorry, I didn't know that Milrob also started a thread like this.  Seems like we don't need both, so why don't we just post on his thread.  No sense in jumping back and forth.

Best,

Greg

I think we should continue this thread for general hunting pics - it's always a popular thread each year.  The more specialized guns 'n birds pics can go on Milrob's thread.

gjw

Okay, sounds good to me.  So be it!

Thanks Greg!

Sage Hen

Yes please keep it going. As Greg's pictures show there is a lot more to it than birds and guns. 

Lars

My 15 month old Colby AKA Headache with the very first wild bird shot over him. 

DSCN2263.JPG

millerperch

MN waterfowl opener with my 1 yr old FBECS.

IMG_5385.JPG

bmeador

Maxwell's first dove hunt.

bmeador

20170914_180425.jpg

gjw

Hey all, went out today solo after our Annual Church Dinner/Fair.  Decided to hit one of my good spots.  Didn't see any grouse today, but Raina pointed a couple of nice roosters.  Flushed up some Huns and managed one from that covey.  Flushed up another covey and managed a double for a limit. I felt like Ben O. Williams!  

I used my 16ga FN

52613_1024x768.jpg

and.......Raina

52614_1024x768.jpg

Best,

Greg

dogrunner

5C57660A-2584-4872-A0C9-1E2DDAD108A7.jpeg