2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
Tom Avent

Hockey is back!

Ben Hong

I really couldn’t care less who wins now that the Habs are toast. But...I really want Bos and Tor stomped.. Nothing personal, just pure hatred.

jeff88
6 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

I really couldn’t care less who wins now that the Habs are toast. But...I really want Bos and Tor stomped.. Nothing personal, just pure hatred.

C'mon Ben, who's your dark horse to make it to the Eastern Finals?  TB, Boston, Caps - they are easy choices to pick as front runners, all of them are loaded front to back.  

vagrousehunter

It's pretty likely that the Bruins or Maple Leafs will be out in the first round since they will be playing each other.  Actually, I'm pretty excited by the possible match-ups in the East . In addition to Boston-Toronto there could be a  Flightless Fowl and Flyer match-up in the first or second round.   And Boston/Toronto against Tampa should be interesting.  Heck, a Lightning-Panther match-up is possible.  A Lightning- Penguin match-up would be fun to watch as long as both teams are relatively healthy.  It's shaping up to be an interesting playoff year.

vagrousehunter
6 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

C'mon Ben, who's your dark horse to make it to the Eastern Finals?  TB, Boston, Caps - they are easy choices to pick as front runners, all of them are loaded front to back.  

Not the Caps.  Besides the fact that they usually fold in the playoffs is the additional problem that the D is pretty poor and Holtby is not having a stellar year. 

jeff88
3 minutes ago, vagrousehunter said:

Not the Caps.  Besides the fact that they usually fold in the playoffs is the additional problem that the D is pretty poor and Holtby is not having a stellar year. 

Maybe if they don't have the pressure of being the top team in the East will help them in the playoff's?  Extremely high expectations can negatively affect a team.  The Preds in the west may be in that boat this year, they went into last spring w/o high expectations and blew away the Hawks.  This year, they will know they are targeted from the get go.

Big Al

My surprise pick to come out of the east would be the Panthers.  They're not even in a playoff spot yet but are knocking on the wildcard door and have three games in hand on Columbus.  They are playing real good hockey right now and aren't the same team they were in the first half of the season.

Ben Hong

I used to poo-poo the Panthers, but after seeing them take down the Habs last week, I agree with Al, if I were seeding the east, Florida could be the boogie man under the bed. First they have to crash the party. Despite my personal desires, Washington will crash and burn early...again. Pens, Leafs, Bolts, Bruins...pick ‘em. If Bergeron comes back, the Bruins...fook...!!

Big Al
50 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

I used to poo-poo the Panthers, but after seeing them take down the Habs last week, I agree with Al, if I were seeding the east, Florida could be the boogie man under the bed. First they have to crash the party. Despite my personal desires, Washington will crash and burn early...again. Pens, Leafs, Bolts, Bruins...pick ‘em. If Bergeron comes back, the Bruins...fook...!!

Noooooo!!!!!!  Not the Bruins.

2011 Eastern Conference finals, game 7.  Lightning and Bruins.  Boston won 1-0.  Refs swallowed their whistles.  Not one penalty called in the game.  Boston goes on to beat the Canucks in seven games for the cup outscoring them 23-8.

Boston and Tampa matched up real close in regular season stats.  If the Bolts had been able to get by Boston, who knows.

Ben Hong

The question of the day is who will take a 2 game suspension and break one of that little f*cker Marchand's ankles? The hacker would be acclaimed as a hero by every player on the planet!

kgb

Malkin looks about ready to do something stupid like that, but no games vs Boston remaining.

jeff88

Didn't think of FL.  Hmmmm.  My dark horse is Toronto.  If FL comes steaming in, that could be the team.  Always seems like a low seed that jumps up in the last month to grab a perch goes on a tear in the East.

jeff88

Anybody but Philly.  

vagrousehunter
16 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

The question of the day is who will take a 2 game suspension and break one of that little f*cker Marchand's ankles? The hacker would be acclaimed as a hero by every player on the planet!

Tom Wilson would do that but it's unlikely he'll ever get the chance.

Marc

gosensgo_zps9fyhjoa7.jpg

Ah come on... seven goals against TB. Still too little, too late!

Ben Hong
14 hours ago, Marc said:

gosensgo_zps9fyhjoa7.jpg

Ah come on... seven goals against TB. Still too little, too late!

Al...comments please!  Al...?