• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
blanked

Music app

blanked

Do any of you use something like Spotify music app.  Looking for a better way to pick and choose music I play often compared to buying something I eventually get burned out on 

Brad Eden

I'm not a music buff but my wife is, and she uses the Pandora app on her iPhone and google tablet.

NECarson

Spotify Premium. 

App/service is great, and more fair to the artists than a lot. 

duluthUPLAND

Spotify premium every day for years now. I love it. I have discovered a lot of new music thanks to the suggestions and tailored playlists they are constantly putting together.

NECarson
2 hours ago, duluthUPLAND said:

Spotify premium every day for years now. I love it. I have discovered a lot of new music thanks to the suggestions and tailored playlists they are constantly putting together.

The ones they put together either seem to be great, or "what have I ever listened to that made you think I'd like this trash?" it seems like. 

Fortunately I haven't discovered too many new artists through them. I don't know how I'd find the time to see them. 

Clueless1

I'm on Pandora.  My kids put it on the phone and after I spend months figuring something out I refuse to change.  They have both since moved on to something else.

MNice

I've only used Jango; the price is right and the selection is decent.

Fins and Feathers

I use the free version of Spotify.  Works for me.  

E.Young

I have Spotify premium and it is good for my purposes - I like to listen to albums all the way through as kind of background noise. I keep it connected both to my car and Amazon Echo in my home. My main gripe with Spotify is that their algorithm for creating a "Radio Station" is very poor compared to Pandora. It gets better with every update, but they will be chasing Pandora for another few years on the "Radio" front. Take that with a grain of salt, as I do choose to pay for Spotify over Pandora - better value for my uses. 

Riffle Runner

Another good one to try fron App Store  is Slacker Radio.