• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
MTRookie76

Getting ready

MTRookie76
5 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

You got it bad Alex. I apologize if UJ had anything to do with this addiction...

UJ is responsible for this addiction. But that's ok, it's what I love about the place.

MTRookie76

My boy Touch’s Gallatin Fire (Bob) got 3rd at the Ricky Chism Memorial Derby. Glad he finally got a placement, now I’m hoping he will get on a roll.

4A2B2229-D558-4899-8D45-53380D3316E1.jpeg

Flush

Congrats Alex!!!

Looks like they are both doing really well!

MTRookie76

My Touch’s Gallatin Fire picked up another placement today, a 3rd at the KY Quail Classic derby. Proud of him and congrats to his trainer/handler Ike Todd.

BF572FB7-9F11-49EE-9A63-E07A99B5B7C2.jpeg

406dn

Congrats, Alex. I am afraid you stayed at the dance too long. You are hooked now. Ike will do right by you, he is as good as it gets at dog training.

MTRookie76
1 hour ago, 406dn said:

Congrats, Alex. I am afraid you stayed at the dance too long. You are hooked now. Ike will do right by you, he is as good as it gets at dog training.

Thank you, Dave. Hook, line, and sinker! You are correct about Ike, it's pretty remarkable what he can do with a dog and a horse.

dogrunner

Good work, you gonna head down there for any trials to see him run?

MTRookie76
21 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Good work, you gonna head down there for any trials to see him run?

Yes, right now the GA Derby Ch and W TN Trials are on the calendar. The W TN Trials run during Ames and is only 20 or so miles away so riding some braces at Ames is also on the agenda.

dogrunner

Now that sounds like Fun. 

MTRookie76

Another outstanding job by Ike Todd. My dog Touch’s Malcolm Story got 2nd at the American Quail Classic Derby. Ike also won first place with Dr. Corder's dog Game Warden.

995362F7-FBBE-478C-8F17-373409E516A2.jpeg

MTRookie76

I am extremely proud of my dog Bob (Touch’s Gallatin Fire) and his trainer/handler Ike Todd. They just won the GA Derby Championship. This is a big win and he’s now half qualified for Ames.

07EAD5A6-0975-45FE-999E-9CDD306C5798.jpeg

406dn

Congratulations Alex. There are few if any championships more prestigious than the Georgia Derby Championship. It sounds like Ames could well be in your future.

Chukarman

Congratulations, Alex! That is a big win and an important trial.

MTRookie76

Thank you Dave and Mike!

It’s pretty surreal and feels a lot like beginners luck on my part, but I’ll take it. 

dogrunner

Congrats,  beginners luck is always good.