FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
MTRookie76

Getting ready

forestdump

Congrats there were some very good dogs in the field good to see you managed to keep from freezing to death out there too.

MTRookie76
12 minutes ago, forestdump said:

Congrats there were some very good dogs in the field good to see you managed to keep from freezing to death out there too.

It was wicked cold! I forgot how cold it is with humidity. 

Big Al

Congrats Alex.  Good win. 

Felix

Congratulations. I hope to be reading about Bob on the Ames website.

MTRookie76

Ike Todd did it again! My Bob dog Touch's Gallatin Fire 1st place, and my Big dog Touch's Malcom Story took 2nd place at the Hobart Ames Memorial Derby.

26231121_10211831620610845_6591526414119799234_n.jpg

dogrunner

You are going to have to build a trophy and ribbon room   Did you get to see them run?   If so how many setters are in these trials?  

MTRookie76
16 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

You are going to have to build a trophy and ribbon room   Did you get to see them run?   If so how many setters are in these trials?  

I didn't see them go at this trial. Hope to head back south next month to catch another trial. I'm not sure if there were any setters in this trial, seems like there is a few Setters in most draws but the vast majority of the dogs are pointers.

forestdump

Those little dogs are having a hell of a derby year. Congrats

406dn

You are on a roll, enjoy it. Congrats

MTRookie76
25 minutes ago, 406dn said:

You are on a roll, enjoy it. Congrats

Thank you, Dave! It's been a blast and a privilege to have the dogs with Ike.

Craig Doherty

Alex, you make your own luck to a certain extent in the field trial world and you have obviously done the right thing to team up with Ike and start with a couple of good (even exceptional) derbies.  Too many people get into the sport and think they have all the answers when joining the right team is often much more important.  Ike has already had more success than many and I'm pretty sure he's still;l the youngest guy on the all age circuit.

MTRookie76
11 minutes ago, Craig Doherty said:

Alex, you make your own luck to a certain extent in the field trial world and you have obviously done the right thing to team up with Ike and start with a couple of good (even exceptional) derbies.  Too many people get into the sport and think they have all the answers when joining the right team is often much more important.  Ike has already had more success than many and I'm pretty sure he's still;l the youngest guy on the all age circuit.

You hit the nail on the head with the team concept. And just an FYI I'll always consider you and Tim part of the team. It was getting to hunt behind your Jack, LJ and Rigby dogs that was the start of all this, and you sold me my first field trial dog.

Chukarman

Congratulation to Bob, Alex and Ike! You guys are on a roll. 

Brad Eden

You and your dogs have come a long way Alex!

MTRookie76

Ike and Big(Touch’s Malcom Story) getting it done again today. They took second at the Prairie Open Derby.

62211782-B673-440A-983A-B6B97F41047B.jpeg