MAArcher

Knives, sheaths, leather work

Don Steese

I wanted to keep the original on this one but it was falling apart so I had a shoemaker friend repair it for me. This is a Boy Scouts of America knife from the 30's. Belonged to my uncle and I remember lusting after it when I was a child. I don't use it much but it will take and hold a razor sharp edge.

IMG_0295.JPG

Huntschool

This is a Joe Keisler hand forged knife.  I made the sheath out of heavy cow hide.  I like buried hilt style sheath knives.  This knife has done its share of work on deer and other big game as well as birds.  The white dot is a quarter:

RsORWs5.jpg

I just purchased a Bench Made 490 Arcane assisted opener.  It is the best folder/pocket carry I have ever owned.  It will likely be followed by more Bench Made stuff.

garyRI

For a fixed blade knife I prefer a full length sheath so I absolutely positively don't have to be concerned about having it fall out. This is a picture of a Ruana I bought in Kodiak Alaska in 1970 for about 20 bucks. The place I bought it from had two shoe boxes. One of knives and the other with sheaths & you matched knife to sheath to suit yourself.

knife.JPG

MNuplander

A friend of mine's work.... beautiful feather damascus, blade is 10.25"....'that will KEEEEEL'

5a5bb72e83774_IMG_20180114_135918314(1).thumb.jpg.200e13d96073d1d77bddaddb9f45ebf9.jpg

Jfwhit

That is a good looking knife. 

SODAKer
On 12/25/2017 at 9:02 PM, Don Steese said:

I wanted to keep the original on this one but it was falling apart so I had a shoemaker friend repair it for me. This is a Boy Scouts of America knife from the 30's. Belonged to my uncle and I remember lusting after it when I was a child. I don't use it much but it will take and hold a razor sharp edge.

IMG_0295.JPG

I've got that same knife from my grandfather and sheath. I've been told it gutted a lot of pike, walley, bass and deer. I love the stories behind such tools.