• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
MAArcher

Knives, sheaths, leather work

Don Steese

I wanted to keep the original on this one but it was falling apart so I had a shoemaker friend repair it for me. This is a Boy Scouts of America knife from the 30's. Belonged to my uncle and I remember lusting after it when I was a child. I don't use it much but it will take and hold a razor sharp edge.

IMG_0295.JPG

Huntschool

This is a Joe Keisler hand forged knife.  I made the sheath out of heavy cow hide.  I like buried hilt style sheath knives.  This knife has done its share of work on deer and other big game as well as birds.  The white dot is a quarter:

RsORWs5.jpg

I just purchased a Bench Made 490 Arcane assisted opener.  It is the best folder/pocket carry I have ever owned.  It will likely be followed by more Bench Made stuff.

garyRI

For a fixed blade knife I prefer a full length sheath so I absolutely positively don't have to be concerned about having it fall out. This is a picture of a Ruana I bought in Kodiak Alaska in 1970 for about 20 bucks. The place I bought it from had two shoe boxes. One of knives and the other with sheaths & you matched knife to sheath to suit yourself.

knife.JPG

MNuplander

A friend of mine's work.... beautiful feather damascus, blade is 10.25"....'that will KEEEEEL'

5a5bb72e83774_IMG_20180114_135918314(1).thumb.jpg.200e13d96073d1d77bddaddb9f45ebf9.jpg

Jfwhit

That is a good looking knife. 

SODAKer
On 12/25/2017 at 9:02 PM, Don Steese said:

I wanted to keep the original on this one but it was falling apart so I had a shoemaker friend repair it for me. This is a Boy Scouts of America knife from the 30's. Belonged to my uncle and I remember lusting after it when I was a child. I don't use it much but it will take and hold a razor sharp edge.

IMG_0295.JPG

I've got that same knife from my grandfather and sheath. I've been told it gutted a lot of pike, walley, bass and deer. I love the stories behind such tools.