• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Bob Blair

Please Excuse a Bit of a Brag.......

sxsneubaum
20 hours ago, MoSpaniels said:

His middle initial isn't John, is it?B|

No but his first name is John.

Hal Standish
20 hours ago, welsh said:

I'll show her your pics and see if she gets the idea. :)  (My training methods are highly sophisticated.)

I chuckled at that Welshie, Is that any thing like the old saying "The older I get the better I was"B|

dogrunner

She looks very proud in the first pic also looks good with Blue by her side, congrats to both of you. 

Hal Standish
On 10/25/2017 at 6:59 AM, sxsneubaum said:

Good thing you aren't going to run the puppy stake at the Illinois field trial in November, heard the one judge doesn't know what he's doing and is a real ass. ^_^

I might caution any of you folks that are trialing and really going to be involved in the sport. That bad mouthing trial clubs, judges, guns, bird planters is a very dark alley to visit.

My wife and I first trialed in 1978, and over the years we have been shafted, cheated out of more placements than one could imagine. (Ha!)

This is how my wife Nancy and I handle it..quietly and with our pocket book. We take notes and build a file on Judges , the types of grounds that Clubs have to run trial on and the quality of birds they are willing to purchase. Do not broadcast with your "friends" in the gallery or with your training partners just do not enter under that judge that "doesn't know what he's doing and is a real ass." He/She may be, but I always have enjoyed that conversation face to face . If some one asks why your not going to a certain trial, just say I we need to do a little more training and growing up or prior commitments are taking up the time. Though I have given Club Chairs heck about the grounds and quality of pheasants purchased. Fortunately game bird propagation (Pheasants) has improved tremendously since those early days

And if Puppy stakes are causing this situation, WOW wait till you move up to the Open AA Or Amature AA 

cockerfan
5 hours ago, Hal Standish said:

I might caution any of you folks that are trialing and really going to be involved in the sport. That bad mouthing trial clubs, judges, guns, bird planters is a very dark alley to visit.

Uhh, pretty sure he was joking. 

Hal Standish
7 hours ago, cockerfan said:

Uhh, pretty sure he was joking. 

Very well!  Please excuse I must have missed the LOL sign!

sxsneubaum

"And if Puppy stakes are causing this situation, WOW wait till you move up to the Open AA Or Amature AA "

Hal I'm the puppy judge.  Yes, it was a joke. 

MoSpaniels
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Hal Standish said:

My wife and I first trialed in 1978, and over the years we have been shafted, cheated out of more placements than one could imagine. (Ha!)

This is how my wife Nancy and I handle it..quietly and with our pocket book. We take notes and build a file on Judges , the types of grounds that Clubs have to run trial on and the quality of birds they are willing to purchase. Do not broadcast with your "friends" in the gallery or with your training partners just do not enter under that judge that "doesn't know what he's doing and is a real ass." He/She may be, but I always have enjoyed that conversation face to face . If some one asks why your not going to a certain trial, just say I we need to do a little more training and growing up or prior commitments are taking up the time. Though I have given Club Chairs heck about the grounds and quality of pheasants purchased. Fortunately game bird propagation (Pheasants) has improved tremendously since those early days

And if Puppy stakes are causing this situation, WOW wait till you move up to the Open AA Or Amature AA 

Thanks Hal, yes, it was a friendly rub to SXS. I knew it was him but I wanted to say that I always appreciate your input and you could not be more correct about your advice to all of us novices.