DennisMcFeely

waterfowl hunting scenery

KerryLuft
13 hours ago, Kemo Sabe said:

Young Willie Tasker, visiting from Montana, gets his first Bull Sprig ever. An avid waterfowler in Montana, who doesn’t get any chances at the prince of all ducks. Penny shows her approval, but reminds that she retrieved it out of some heavy cover to the south of us.

7A362769-596C-4AEC-A74C-F3D491AF6995.jpeg

You introduced me to sprig as well ... and now they're an obsession.  Thanks, I think. :-)

Nice tail on that one.  Headed for a wall?

Kemo Sabe
2 hours ago, KerryLuft said:

You introduced me to sprig as well ... and now they're an obsession.  Thanks, I think. :-)

Nice tail on that one.  Headed for a wall?

Last I heard it was headed for the Weber.

KerryLuft

Tis a pity to enjoy such a beautiful bird only once -- but I'm sure he'll be very tasty. 

DennisMcFeely

Seven degrees 

IMG_6203.JPG

Treerooster

"True Grit" waterfowling style.

My nephew and I.

The temps were somewhere below zero, -5 or -10 not sure. The wind was the real kicker. 25 mph sustained with 40 mph gusts. Wind was only blowing about 5 mph (maybe 8 mph tops) inside the tent though. And we got those geese over water, not a cornfield hunt.

Michael & Gary waterfowl hunting in Sedgwick CO 12-08.JPG

mccuha
21 minutes ago, Treerooster said:

"True Grit" waterfowling style.

My nephew and I.

The temps were somewhere below zero, -5 or -10 not sure. The wind was the real kicker. 25 mph sustained with 40 mph gusts. Wind was only blowing about 5 mph (maybe 8 mph tops) inside the tent though. And we got those geese over water, not a cornfield hunt.

Michael & Gary waterfowl hunting in Sedgwick CO 12-08.JPG

Brrrrrrr.  Geese look frozen solid. Don’t even need the cooler behind you 

Kemo Sabe
On 12/31/2017 at 7:42 AM, KerryLuft said:

Tis a pity to enjoy such a beautiful bird only once -- but I'm sure he'll be very tasty. 

We took plenty of pictures to solve that problem.

Kemo Sabe

A friend hadn’t been having a very good year at a club about 10 miles from mine. We had a friendly wager as to whether or not I could put him on a limit of ducks, to which I collected on.

1 Greenhead, , 2 Bull Sprig, 3 Teal-ducks, and 8 Widgeon  later........

A9B2F88C-B1B4-4F16-A98E-184E50F6F418.jpeg

Irishwhistler

"DOCK DIVING - TRAD STYLE"

DSC04607Resized.thumb.jpg.913989e0283cf40460dc85833225cde7.jpg

Irishwhistler & "TRAD" 🍀

DennisMcFeely
12 hours ago, Irishwhistler said:

"DOCK DIVING - TRAD STYLE"

DSC04607Resized.thumb.jpg.913989e0283cf40460dc85833225cde7.jpg

Irishwhistler & "TRAD" 🍀

Spectacular, I love it

Irishwhistler

Dennis,

Thank you.👍

Mike🍀

Kemo Sabe

Got off to a slow start this morning because of some poor shooting, but finished strong with 2 widgeon, 4 Mallard, and a teal-duck. Got a 2 shot triple on mallards using that new HeviX 20gauge load of 4s.

FE928E3B-8B87-409E-AB29-4F45C504FFD6.jpeg

Wet Dog

Two-shot triple!  Hope you bought the house a round at the club house!

Kemo Sabe

Shooting a two shot triple on mallards, especially on a day when my shooting had been below par,  is a unique experience. I mean, I’ve shot many one shot multiple kills/ triples on teal over the years. I’ve shot only one other triple on mallards, and that was with a 12 gauge and 3 shots about 20 years ago. Done that exact thing on Widgeon in recent years.

Multiple kill shots are more about luck than anything else. I put the first shot’s pattern right on the greenhead, and killed it. At the same time, a hen made a move right into that pattern. I then put the pattern on the other greenhead with the second shell. All 3 birds fell within 5 yards of the blind. I remember thinking “I can’t believe this”.

One of those duck hunting moments that will live on for the rest of my life. And something that will punch up in my mental computer every time when I hunt this blind in the forever future.

charlo slim
3 minutes ago, Kemo Sabe said:

I put the first shot’s pattern right on the greenhead, and killed it. At the same time, a hen made a move right into that pattern.

Wow, she must have been swimming really fast!!  :o   

Actually, I am somewhat heartened to learn that even highly accomplished shooters sometimes struggle a bit.