MAArcher

Vehicles that go over 200,000 miles?

blanked

610,000 miles holy Toledo!!

River19
On 11/8/2017 at 12:10 AM, Quailbum said:

2001 Toyota Tundra, currently 610,000 miles. Original engine, never rebuilt, and original transmission.  

Well, the good news is my 2001 has 373K before I catch up....... :-)

atticus
On November 8, 2017 at 12:10 AM, Quailbum said:

2001 Toyota Tundra, currently 610,000 miles. Original engine, never rebuilt, and original transmission.  

Damn!  I thought I was on borrowed time, now at 319,000. Looks spike I'm just getting broken in. 

Quailbum

It's been a great truck. Only wished I had owned it under different circumstances.  If I had a normal job, and just commuted to and from the office, lived closer to birds, it would have been the last truck I would have ever owned. I do roughly 900 to 1200 miles a week between work, my pursuits, daughter's swimming, and whatever else my wife has in the plans. She got a break about 2 1/2 years ago when I picked up a Chevy 1500 for personal stuff. Of course that has 256,000 on it.

Flush
On 11/7/2017 at 10:10 PM, Quailbum said:

Did you have to have the transmission rebuilt? If so at about what mileage?

Just curious.

Pretty Impressive!!

Quailbum

Flush,

Original transmission, never rebuilt. Same with the engine. Had the 4wd box go out, have run through a couple of sets of plugs, had to replace the radiator (hit a deer), and I broke the lower ball joint chukar hunting. Last one was a tad interesting as I didn't realize it until a couple of weeks later when the passenger side axle and wheel came off on Battle Mountain Pass. It carries my Farrier equipment, and supplies which is about 850 lbs mast days, hauled a popup camper and raft trailer all over the west, but I have never had any issues with the transmission. It does run through the brakes though. Seems like I am always replacing rotors and shoes.