• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
L Kenney

Small trucks

dogrunner
On 12/23/2017 at 1:35 PM, 67diesel said:

Two quibbles with your post.  Small truck drivers often get stripped down versions, which are minimally profitable whereas F150s print money.  Where do you think OEMs will go?

with the F150 diesel, or any diesel, there is a premium the buyer pays for the sturdiness of that dizzel engine.  The Ford diesel will get 10mpg better than my 5.0L, easily.  I am very familiar with the engine and I’d love to get one, but not in the budget right now.  It has certain advantages over the Dodge 1/2 ton diesel that I cannot get into at this point.

Time to get your order in. 

D233E02F-CD93-4AFC-832D-B648BA66775B.jpeg

75D7993B-FA61-423A-9C55-76E92E066DD5.jpeg

ABB09D1F-1955-48DC-8F67-CCF1246793E2.jpeg

tut
On 12/22/2017 at 10:51 AM, dogrunner said:

Not sure how small but it’s not a good seller either. 

BA1F1119-E3C0-49D0-9F97-5D4507B3331A.jpeg

Friend of mine owns a Frontier Quad Cab.  IMO it can climb a tree.  That said, MPG is god awful (about 15) and its extremely noisy and very uncomfortable to sit in for extended period of time and frankly put together rather cheaply.  The Tacoma is a much more refined vehicle for sure. . 

dogrunner

Numbers on the new Ford diesel.   

80EF63B6-2FF8-4CA2-99BF-9C72A3C6946A.jpeg

JWP58
On 1/8/2018 at 12:15 PM, tut said:

Friend of mine owns a Frontier Quad Cab.  IMO it can climb a tree.  That said, MPG is god awful (about 15) and its extremely noisy and very uncomfortable to sit in for extended period of time and frankly put together rather cheaply.  The Tacoma is a much more refined vehicle for sure. . 

And you will pay handedly for refinement.

dogrunner
On 1/16/2018 at 6:26 PM, snapt said:

Well Well Well, the new Ranger looks interesting, especially if a bit more affordable than a Taco. Pretty good looking too.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2274671/2019-ford-ranger-mid-size-pickup-beat

Come to Detroit this weekend and you can see it in person at the Auto show.  Or wait till  early next year. 

Auto-5

Well I can’t complain about my 06 GMC Canyon. I bought it 4 years ago from the bank foreclosure lot. It had obviously been wrecked  at some point in'its life and been rebuilt but the mileage was low  for its age and the price cheap. Now 45 k miles later it’s turning 100k and shows no sign of letting up. I figure I’ll drive it 2-3 more years and then replace it . The new ranger is very interesting I’ll admit.

Wet Dog
On 1/16/2018 at 6:26 PM, snapt said:

Well Well Well, the new Ranger looks interesting, especially if a bit more affordable than a Taco. Pretty good looking too.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2274671/2019-ford-ranger-mid-size-pickup-beat

Looks like thy've been building them in Australia for a few years so hopefully the bugs are worked out.  I like what I see so far.

bigjohnsd

Dang hard to beat the Honda Ridgeline. I had two, put over 300,000 miles on them. Ride like a car, go anywhere within reason, button on the dash locks up the drivetrain so you always have at least three wheels driving you. Ground clearance good for anything but the most rutted and Rocky roads.  If I didn't have a 25' travel trailer I'd be driving a Ridgeline today.

dogrunner

Ranger. 

348A1E88-5272-4439-9D30-482C330A452F.jpeg

tut
11 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Ranger. 

348A1E88-5272-4439-9D30-482C330A452F.jpeg

Turbo charged 2.3 L, so Power should be good and MPG also.  I always felt if someone could make a small truck that provided circa 30 MPG with everything else being good they could dominate the small truck market and also steal some of the marketshare away from the compact SUV crowd.  I think they will sell good.  Just hope they don't want 40K for it. 

ANF grousin

Arent trucks supposed to have a bed so they can haul a lot of junk?  Be lucky if you can get 2 dog crates in that bed.  Its more like a yuppy pretend truck.  Might as well just get a mini-van.

dogrunner

I drove the overseas version Ranger a couple years ago. It had a stick and a 4 cylinder motor. What surprised me was the suspension it was more like a 3/4 ton pickup very heavy duty. The US version is going to be very different then the one I drove. 

snapt
2 hours ago, ANF grousin said:

Arent trucks supposed to have a bed so they can haul a lot of junk?  Be lucky if you can get 2 dog crates in that bed.  Its more like a yuppy pretend truck.  Might as well just get a mini-van.

As with most trucks it looks like it is offered in 4 door short bed and a 2 door standard bed.

2019-ford-ranger-release-date-review-pri