• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
topdog1961

Cold dog

MAArcher

It was 19 degrees out last night.  No sweater, no vest, no problem.

Annie Couch 3.JPG

aje4

My an is allergic to dogs so I built a kennel in our pole barn.  It has 5x5 inside run with dog den house and hound heater.  They can go outside to. 5x10 outside run as well.  Yesterday was 14 outside and their houses were 74 inside!  Warmer than our house!  The inside run is out of the wind and having a house inside keeps the heat in....

SaltCityJeff

The hound heater is worth the $100, in the right space it works like a champ and the dogs LOVE it. I am about to get mine out for the winter and get it going again. I use it along with the thermostatic temperature outlets so if the temp gets above freezing it shuts off. (even though it has a thermostat on it) You could even use it in the garage if you make a kennel to use it in.

topdog1961
On November 11, 2017 at 9:55 PM, Jazz4Brazo said:

I got her a orange fleece lined sport vest from www.k9topcoat.com

I just ordered a Kodak vest from k9topcoat, on sale for half price. This dog is a mess, part goat. He's the one I posted about in "the crap in my dog's crap". He's around 6 and this weekend he ate a shoe. Not chewed up and tore apart, but swallowed. He would destroy any heating pad. I bought a new ceramic heater for the garage and have used it a couple nights over the weekend. It works much better than the old one and kept the garage at room temps when it was in the teens outside. All three dogs are in separate crates at night and benefit from that. 

Jazz4Brazo

Fingers crossed that this works out for you/him...swallowed a shoe whole😱😲😀

J4B

ThreeDogs

I sleep my dogs in the garage when it gets cold I just toss a fleece blanket over their kennel they stay toasty warm.

braque du upstate

I had the older hound heaters. They never turned on in my k9 kondo. just dry hay and the original k9 kondo would be fantastic in a garage. My pup is toasty in her outdoor run. Miserable in a crate indoors. Wet hay sucks.  I'm shocked how long hay is lasting with my lab pup. My braque and pudelpointer were much harder on hay. I could probably go weeks before changing it out. I change it out once a week and it looks brand new