• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Hal Standish

Springer Spaniel NOC 2017

Grifish

Good luck, everyone!

sxsneubaum

I'm kind of partial to dog #68

UplandHntr

Looking forward to following this. Gitr done Web!!!!

Hal Standish

Almost 2 series in the books the pack begins to thin. The pace of the trial will pick-up with 3 land series and water left before completion.

sxsneubaum

There are three dogs of the second series that still need to finish running the second series.  #68 Web is one of those dogs.  He was shuffled to ensure later dogs had a brace mate. 

dogrunner

Wow that is a lot of dogs, good luck UJ crew. 

sxsneubaum

After work yesterday, I drove up to Minnesota. Web made it to the 3rd and 4th series.  I was able to watch him run the 4th.  The guns were not kind to Web in this trial, he had 1 marked retrieve out of 10 contacts.  His first bird in the 4th was excellent work, put it up beautifully for the gun, no joy the gunner was hung up in a shrubby tree.  He nailed the second contact at the end of the course, flushed it and the guns hit it.  The handler was tapped by the judge, but the handler held him for a second which was really smart.  As the bird tumbled in 6 cackling roosters went up and the judge yelled NO BIRD!!  He needed a third contact which ended up being a trap.  While I'm disappointed he didn't make the 5th, I'm MORE than happy with his performance.  Look out 2018!

Hal Standish
On 11/18/2017 at 11:20 PM, sxsneubaum said:

The guns were not kind to Web in this trial, he had 1 marked retrieve out of 10 contacts.   disappointed he didn't make the 5th, I'm MORE than happy with his performance.  Look out 2018!

Interesting,this is not the 1st report of the guns not being kind. I have heard from many about the Gunning in Austen.

Hal