• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
Sign in to follow this  
shoot-straight

Fall Chesapeake Stripers

shoot-straight

Well this sub forum has pretty much stalled- I’m sitting in a deer stand so I figured I’d put up some recent fishing pics from the Chesapeake. 

I love to hunt, but also love to fish- especially in the fall. Striped bass aggressively take topwater lures till the water gets too cool and it’s loads of fun. As the water cools, the bait and stripers school up and we jig for them on light tackle. The fishing can be incredible at times. That jig bite usually hold up till early dec. 

Fish have been nice lately ranging from 18-32”. Not huge like on the coast but oodles of fun.

AA575C74-2C3B-48B8-B69C-85589A71FE51.jpeg

3AE4902F-6E3B-4152-A143-7EA75CA8C4EA.jpeg

760A4DBE-50AC-4C98-862F-967C998D211D.jpeg

Don Steese

Very nice!! 

Fire Marshal Bill

I love fishing for Fall strippers here in Ct. too. I put the boat away and fish from shore, top water plugs are the ticket. 

MAArcher

When its 70 degrees and I'm sweating in the tree stand like I was last weekend, I sometimes wonder if my time would be better spent casting.

shoot-straight

I am hard core bowhuntjng now, but my stands are only huntable under certain winds. The others I fish. 

LabHunter

Nice work!  What part of the Chesapeake are you fishing?  I'm right off the South River near Annapolis

shoot-straight

Eastern bay, chester and bay mainstem above bridge.

Dogwood

jealous!

DennisMcFeely
On 11/12/2017 at 7:48 AM, Fire Marshal Bill said:

I love fishing for Fall strippers here in Ct. too.

That's a year-round sports for Fuess up and down the east coast