• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
tripreed

Tekool Water Bottle Holder quick review

tripreed

I picked up a Q5 Rimfire vest a few months ago, but it did not come with a water bottle holder. So I went on Amazon to see what there was to find. I came across the Tekool Water Bottle Holder, and figured for $10, I would give it a try. I finally was able to take my vest out this past Sunday while looking for snipe, so I snapped a few pics to show how it looks on the vest, and the types of water bottles it will hold.

This is a shot of the holder from Amazon. As you can see, it has a clip on one side, a D-ring loop on the other side, and then, a strap that can be attached around a Molle-style strap that is secured with both velcro and a snap.

Water_holder5.jpg

This is how it looks attached to my Q5 Rimfire. I attached it on the left side waist strap, behind the shell pouch.

Water_holder1.jpg

These are the two water bottles I tried out. The one on the left is a 20 oz Hydroflask and the one on the right is a 12 oz some-other-kind-of-steel-vacuum-bottle.

Water_holder4.jpg

12 oz bottle.

Water_holder2.jpg

20 oz Hydroflask.

Water_holder3.jpg

The 12 oz bottle actually worked better because it didn't stick up as high and get in the way of my arm. It also slipped back into the holder more easily. The fit was snug on both bottles; I felt no need to cinch down the cord at the top. I meant to try a regular plastic (disposable) water bottle as well, but forgot to bring one. I have no doubt that most any standard plastic water bottle would fit well. I like that the holder comes with different ways to attach it to your vest/bag/belt, depending on the carry style you prefer. Overall, I'd say I'm pretty pleased.

Dogwood

Slick thanks for the review just ordered one.

Snipeaholic

Nice pouch. Any snipe?

Jack L

Thanks for the tip. Ordered up a pair and used them yesterday, worked good with 20 oz  water bottles from the gas station.

tripreed
On 11/17/2017 at 8:35 PM, Snipeaholic said:

Nice pouch. Any snipe?

Just got one that day. Only saw one other one, and it was too far away by the time I saw it. I went with a buddy of mine this past Saturday and we saw about 10, but couldn't get a good shot on any of them.

aje4

Thanks for the review!  I ordered a couple.....

Jack L
On 11/21/2017 at 7:31 AM, Jack L said:

Thanks for the tip. Ordered up a pair and used them yesterday, worked good with 20 oz  water bottles from the gas station.

Needed to order another as the snap came loose and I lost it. I goT the replacement yesterday, attached it and doubled up with a carabiner through the clip and a buckle on my vest as a safety.