• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Jakeismydog2

Whats on your Christmas list?

Jakeismydog2

Whats on your list? I am asking for a good lightweight rain jacket after getting soaked through to my underwear on opening day.

browndrake

a new bipod for my 264

Remo

I could use a box of luck to improve my shooting. One of the best most useful gifts I received was a set of gaiters last year. Can't find the brand but they have a logo of a Bighorn head facing straight on. Great product if you hunt in the cold.

Starsky
41 minutes ago, Remo said:

I could use a box of luck to improve my shooting. One of the best most useful gifts I received was a set of gaiters last year. Can't find the brand but they have a logo of a Bighorn head facing straight on. Great product if you hunt in the cold.

You probably got Kuiu gaiters.  And you're right, they are terrific in the snow and cold.

greg jacobs

Not a thing yet, better get with it. The wife is wanting a new bow, more than we usually spend on Christmas. Guess that kind of opens it up for me. Don't ya think.

Brad Eden

I'm hoping Santa brings me a boot dryer. And after reading the long running "do I need a GPS" Topic, I'm almost guilted into asking Santa for one of those for my close working Spaniels. And am gonna save any money I get to reattach some dew claws and testicles to Cash. Gift certificates to Home Depot or Lowes are always appreciated. Uuummmmmm, lets see...I do wear my outdoor clothes til they are thread worn and ragged, so any good heavy cotton or flannel long sleeve shirts with button down collars are good. The usual t-shirts since I seem to go through them like butter. But generally, I'm not in desperate need for anything to be honest.

gunsrus

Didn't realize technology had come so far as to reattach testicles . Umm , I know some that should regrow a pair .

john mcg

Maybe a little grace toward a British double.

😄

realization is just a click away.

dogrunner
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

I'm hoping Santa brings me a boot dryer. And after reading the long running "do I need a GPS" Topic, I'm almost guilted into asking Santa for one of those for my close working Spaniels. And am gonna save any money I get to reattach some dew claws and testicles to Cash. Gift certificates to Home Depot or Lowes are always appreciated. Uuummmmmm, lets see...I do wear my outdoor clothes til they are thread worn and ragged, so any good heavy cotton or flannel long sleeve shirts with button down collars are good. The usual t-shirts since I seem to go through them like butter. But generally, I'm not in desperate need for anything to be honest.

Maybe you should ask Santa for a pair of these to go along with your other cloths. 😄

13FCCDCA-1497-43B9-A311-35E4EE372E76.jpeg

charlo slim
13 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Maybe you should ask Santa for a pair of these to go along with your other cloths. 😄

13FCCDCA-1497-43B9-A311-35E4EE372E76.jpeg

Metro Ghillie pants - BRILLIANT!  This is going to be big, real big.

Marc Ret

Nothing tangible. I don't have much and don't really want much. A new gun is always nice but what I'd really like is Time. More time with my lab who just turned 12 and is finally slowing down. Time afield or on the creek with a couple close friends here at home that I hardly ever get to hunt or fish with and time with a couple guys here on this board that I consider friends but have never met in person. 

Brad Eden
1 minute ago, Marc Ret said:

Nothing tangible. I don't have much and don't really want much. A new gun is always nice but what I'd really like is Time. More time with my lab who just turned 12 and is finally slowing down. Time afield or on the creek with a couple close friends here at home and time with a couple guys here on this board that I consider friends. 

nail hit squarely on head...

Up North

I'm looking to update my iPad on Black Friday. Mine is always reloading a page if there is alot of advertising on it.

salmontogue

I would enjoy hearing stories of hunters mentoring beginners who are not family members.  I have been mentoring a young man for several years now.  He thinks he is the winner in all this but, in reality, the benefits to me are huge.  He is developing into an outdoors gentleman and I am proud of him.

My Christmas present to myself is to find several more beginners to help.  I want to make a difference for someone not fortunate enough to have a sportsman in their lives.

Perk

UplandHntr

Improved health for my bride.

Tangible stuff? Savage Recon AR-15 and new small CCW pea shooter. My 4"  Mod 2 isnt very comfortable. (love the gun)