Jakeismydog2

Whats on your Christmas list?

Sage Hen

Four pounds of Longshot to see me through my inevitable next shooting slump.

DennisMcFeely
44 minutes ago, Marc Ret said:

what I'd really like is Time. More time with my lab who just turned 12 and is finally slowing down. Time afield or on the creek with a couple close friends here at home that I hardly ever get to hunt or fish with and time with a couple guys here on this board that I consider friends but have never met in person. 

Bingo, time.  More time with my family, more time afield with my dog and friends.

charlo slim
6 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

And after reading the long running "do I need a GPS" Topic, I'm almost guilted into asking Santa for one of those for my close working Spaniels. And am gonna save any money I get to reattach some dew claws and testicles to Cash.

You may be on to something here, Brad!  We could have a Christmas Of UJ Orthodoxy.  I'm IN! 

First, I want a tail transplant for Scout (aka Thug). 

Second, how about having my pathetic bourgois shotgun converted into a real "game gun": barrels (I mean pipes) lengthened by 4 to 6 inches and  flipped from vertical to horizontal orientation,  chamber shortened by 1/2" and gauge (I mean bore) enlarged from 20 to 16, POW knob sawed off and grip splintered, second trigger added, choke tubes and sling swivels removed, and weight reduced to 5 1/2 lbs.  

Surely these simple requests are not too much to ask.9_9

jeff88
13 hours ago, Jakeismydog2 said:

Whats on your list? I am asking for a good lightweight rain jacket after getting soaked through to my underwear on opening day.

My favorite is the LL Bean GoreTex jacket that folds into a pouch -- I use it for everything, even as a ski parka with fleece under it.  I'm in my 2nd one and have used it for over 10years.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/91005?feat=514961-GN1&page=stowaway-rainwear-with-gore-tex-jacket&csp=a

jeff88
1 hour ago, charlo slim said:

You may be on to something here, Brad!  We could have a Christmas Of UJ Orthodoxy.  I'm IN! 

First, I want a tail transplant for Scout (aka Thug). 

Second, how about having my pathetic bourgois shotgun converted into a real "game gun": barrels (I mean pipes) lengthened by 4 to 6 inches and  flipped from vertical to horizontal orientation,  chamber shortened by 1/2" and gauge (I mean bore) enlarged from 20 to 16, POW knob sawed off and grip splintered, second trigger added, choke tubes and sling swivels removed, and weight reduced to 5 1/2 lbs.  

Surely these simple requests are not too much to ask.9_9

OK, this is brilliant leading me to state my Christmas wish which is quite a bit less fancified:

A pair of fine O/U's, one 20 ga, one 12 ga

Both fit perfectly and are exactly the same dimensions

The 20 weighs 6.25 pounds, the 12 weighs 6.75

29" tubes/pipes

Briley chokes in each

POW grip

Narrow forend

Solid rib

Back bored

Beautiful wood

2 3/4" chambers

Plus new upland boots.

Please don't write I could combine these two into one 16 ga, practice makes me averse to this suggestion having once spent 3 hours in Green Bay with a hunting buddy searching four different sports stores for shells for his Ithaca 37.  Sobering.

BTW, am getting new upland boots.  9_9

SEPAlander

Well these weren't originally on the list but by virtue of circumstance a new HVAC system for the house and a new car made the list this year.  These are waaayyyy bigger items than planned for, but I guess having heat through the winter and transporation is somewhat important.  After the sticker shock for both wear off, what I really want for the holidays, as has been said by others, is to get off the merry go round and have some time to decompress, spend with loved ones, and pursue those leisure activities we all come to site to read and write about. 

jeff88
1 hour ago, SEPAlander said:

get off the merry go round and have some time to decompress, spend with loved ones

This is why I much prefer Thanksgiving over Christmas.  It's not commercialized beyond recognition, it's all about family, friends, food and being together.  

Sorry to read about the HVAC system, we replaced ours last year and it was not cheap.  Philly area?  Would love to see an "all PA" super bowl.

SEPAlander
1 hour ago, jeff88 said:

This is why I much prefer Thanksgiving over Christmas.  It's not commercialized beyond recognition, it's all about family, friends, food and being together.  

Sorry to read about the HVAC system, we replaced ours last year and it was not cheap.  Philly area?  Would love to see an "all PA" super bowl.

I’m getting to where I like Thanksgiving more personally, but with young kids, the excitement and anticipation of Christmas is still fun.  As a family, we’ve kept the emphasis on the spirit of the season and gifts are not usually of great material value.  

Yeah- the HVAC was a shock, we kinda knew it was coming when we bought this house 4yrs ago, but was hoping to get a few more years out of it.  

An all PA Super bowl would be fine, enjoying watching the Eagles this year.  Not being a Philly native, I have to say things are a lot easier going in the City when the sports teams are doing well.

terrym

I'm at an age where I really don't need much anymore. If I need it I tend to own it. My 30 year old Silva compass has packed it in last week at deer camp. The kids will be relieved I actually have something I need that won't cost a kidney. I'm still debating if I'm the type of guy to wear "chaps". If I convince myself that might make the Xmas list. 

NECarson
1 hour ago, terrym said:

I'm at an age where I really don't need much anymore. If I need it I tend to own it. My 30 year old Silva compass has packed it in last week at deer camp. The kids will be relieved I actually have something I need that won't cost a kidney. I'm still debating if I'm the type of guy to wear "chaps". If I convince myself that might make the Xmas list. 

I wasn't the type of guy to wear chaps. Until I got a pair. 

Get some. You'll love them. 

jeff88
14 hours ago, SEPAlander said:

I’m getting to where I like Thanksgiving more personally, but with young kids, the excitement and anticipation of Christmas is still fun.  As a family, we’ve kept the emphasis on the spirit of the season and gifts are not usually of great material value.  

Yeah- the HVAC was a shock, we kinda knew it was coming when we bought this house 4yrs ago, but was hoping to get a few more years out of it.  

An all PA Super bowl would be fine, enjoying watching the Eagles this year.  Not being a Philly native, I have to say things are a lot easier going in the City when the sports teams are doing well.

Our kids are grown and on their own though come home for Christmas; it's still fun on Christmas morning for us as well. At least they are not up at the crack of dawn as they were as little ones.

Aside for Russel Wilson & Andrew Luck, believe Carson Wentz may be the best "new" QB I've seen drafted in the past 10 years.  All seem wise beyond their years.  Marriota is close but he is still too unreliable.  All of the above also come across as solid citizens.  Jameis Winston is under investigation for groping an Uber driver - of course no one saw that coming.  Often surprised by how little character counts in the NFL when drafting a player.  The Iggles got a good one.  

scottspec2

Gas Money.

sprocket

I'd really like a new smoker and temp controller - I kinda have everything else I need.

More filed time would be nice but that's a function of the job...

steveziv

A new set of awesome super non-stick frying pans would be nice.  Any recommendations?

Aside from that I'd like to see some a particular family issue sorted out.

Wet Dog

A started pointer. Preferably of the german or english variety.