• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Connally

Seresto collar not working

wijager

Nothing, repeat nothing is 100% effective.  To think you will find zero ticks on your dog if the dog is hunting cover where the birds are is a pope dream.  You buy a product and hope for the best results possible.  I have used seresto since it came out and on my dog it has been the best thing I have used.  Do I find ticks on my dog attached at times, yes.  But it is far superior to anything else I have tried.  I always laugh when someone tells me frontline or this or that is the best because they havent found any ticks on their dog.  That dog walks into the mowed back yard to pee or goes to the dog park!!!  If your dogs hunts birdy cover their will be ticks on it.  Now do they attach or just walk around a bit.

Mike Connally

I get it. I was commenting on it because I’ve had such good results with Seresto on my other dogs, and still do on my other setter. Actually the combo of Preventik collar and Frontline had also been 100%. 

I would just really like Seresto to be as effective on Gunner because it’s so easy to use. 

Since I have had 100% effectiveness before, I’m going to continue to try for that. I’m not commenting on a dog walking around on a mowed lawn or a dog park. 

john mcg

Real good results with the Preventic-Frontline combo. Every once in a while we find an attached tick, but they are dead and come right off.

My experience shows that in the woods, ticks will invariably hitch a ride.

vagrousehunter

Preventic/Frontline did not work on my dogs but I've never had one problem since switching to Seresto and I hunt tick infested areas where I've had 20+ ticks crawling on my clothing after going through a cover. 

wijager

Dogs like people are different and have different fat levels and body types which I think has an impact on how well some products work. 

NW River Mac

Can't help you...  I have 4 dogs all use Seresto collars and are in the woods all the time.  Two beagles and a Setter never get ticks.  The pointer gets them and they get attached but never engorged.  They are all dead when I pick them off.  I've assumed that it had to do with the length of the coat and with the shorter hair the ticks didn't have enough time to get repelled or killed on the pointer before they got to the main course.

Mike Connally

Here’s an update. I changed out the 6 month collar. I still got a few engorged ticks the first two times with a new collar. 

The good news is that the last two trips have resulted in no engorged ticks. I pulled off a couple of attached ticks that were dead. Hopefully this collar works better than the old one.