ThreeDogs

My boy and his Bird

ThreeDogs

B94D69BC-FBAF-42CF-AEE3-B7833D3CF10C.jpeg

bmeador

Very nice.

gunsrus

Oh , how I remember those days with my Dad . Memories that will never go away .

hobbes

Awesome!  I love the weight of a freshly killed wild turkey slung over my shoulder.

idcut

Nice!

It's great to make those kind of memories with a youngster.

I was able to make some similar memories with my brother and his grandson today. We had an early family pre-Christmas get together at my folks place. While there my brother and I took a drive up an old road that runs through our property to see if we could find some turkeys. We saw nothing and drove back to the house. About an hour later my brothers daughter, husband and 4 young kids showed up. My brother told their oldest boy (7 years old) that we had gone out looking for turkeys and from that point on, he was asking if we could take him out. We finally relented and back up the road we drove.

When we rounded a corner about a mile up the road, 3-4 turkeys ran across the dirt road and then another 4 more ran across, and headed up a skid road. I'm not too mobile yet after my hip surgery, so I told my brother to take my Rem model 11 16 ga and see if he could get a shot. He rushed down the road and I saw him raise the shotgun and fire and take off up the hill. His grandson jumped out of the back of the pickup and ran down the road. As I pulled up to the spot from where he had fired, his grandson came walking down the hill with the turkey slung over his shoulder, grinning ear to ear. Back at the house, he told everyone that he had gotten his first turkey....it made my day seeing his excitement!

NW River Mac

Handsome young man.  That's a terrific picture of him marching along like it happens every day.  Nice to see dads taking the time to expose kids to outdoor pursuits.  It will give him a solid baseline perspective on life that so many are missing these days.  Keep if light and fun and you'll have a hunting buddy for life.  

SelbyLowndes

Opening day in GA this morning.  My son is on the left in the picture below. He and his buddy both scored nice long-beards to open the season. I didn't connect today, but there's a whole season left to keep trying...SelbyLowndes

opening%20Day%20-%202018_zpsiq9ozmkd.jpg

As you can see, he's grown now, but I well remember him about the age of the boy in the first post carrying out a gobbler I'd called for him.

Brad Eden

Wow, can't believe people are already turkey hunting.

Irishwhistler
On 11/23/2017 at 11:51 PM, ThreeDogs said:

B94D69BC-FBAF-42CF-AEE3-B7833D3CF10C.jpeg

Awesome 👍.  Congratulations to the Lad.

Mike 🍀

mccuha
43 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Wow, can't believe people are already turkey hunting.

Our private land season opened Tuesday. Why I have no idea like I said our no.s are really off.  Went this am and heard 1 Bird.