• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Hunter

FYI Danner Pronghorns

Rogue Hunter

Cabela's has the uninsulated Pronghorns on sale for $99.

UplandHntr

I saw that last night. Sure wish I wouldve known of this last week before buying a different pair.  Best comfiest boots Ive ever owned

steveziv

Have been needing/wanting a new pair of upland boots, thanks for the heads-up.  Reviews seem pretty good. 

They're back-ordered for a week but you won't find me bird hunting during deer gun season anyway.

sidelock

Bought a pair in October of last year and they were waterproof until yesterday, after about an hour my left foot was completely drenched ! Had to come back to the truck and change into my wellingtons.

sschultz

They were the worst boots I ever bought. Bought some Irish setters now I'm happy.

crmartin

have a pair several years old.  comfortable from the start and hold up well.

WI Outdoor Nut

Picked up a pair with the special.  Ordered last week and arrived yesterday.

For a $100 boot, I think they are very tough to beat.  Right now I have 5 sets of the pronghorns.  Oldest pair, 1200 gram is going on 10+ years and still waterproof.  To be honest, those don't see much use.  I have a pair that is about 7 or 8 years old and broke in just perfect, but do leak.  Another set at 4 years, still holding strong and another at 3 still good.  But I know for the miles I put on, both these pair are on borrowed time.  So now a new pair for $100 - that is a good buy in my world. 

I oil often, dry out with air circulation and newspaper (try not to use heat) and rotate so each pair will have a down day if possible during the heat of hunting season. 

WI Outdoor Nut

Picked up a pair with the special.  Ordered last week and arrived yesterday.

For a $100 boot, I think they are very tough to beat.  Right now I have 5 sets of the pronghorns.  Oldest pair, 1200 gram is going on 10+ years and still waterproof.  To be honest, those don't see much use.  I have a pair that is about 7 or 8 years old and broke in just perfect, but do leak.  Another set at 4 years, still holding strong and another at 3 still good.  But I know for the miles I put on, both these pair are on borrowed time.  So now a new pair for $100 - that is a good buy in my world. 

I oil often, dry out with air circulation and newspaper (try not to use heat) and rotate so each pair will have a down day if possible during the heat of hunting season. 

Don Steese

Waited too long. They're back up to 199.00.

Don Steese

They're now at $149. I'm pulling the trigger.

steveziv

I ordered two pair to make sure I got the right size, ended up keeping the 13EE which I'm wearing with a heel/arch insert and a heavy pair of socks.  I've had them out for two afternoon hunts and they were comfortable right out of the box.  At 99 bucks I probably should have bought a back up pair.