FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
creeker

Laelaps Anyone?

creeker

I was flippin through pointing dog journal and saw the laelaps system advertised.  Has anyone bit the bullet yet on this system?  I am considering trying since it is half the price of the Garmin but still not cheap as I always need a new shotgun 😁  

Thanks

RuffChaser

I have seen some ads for this as well. I have a TEK 2.0 but am always interested in the newbies to the GPS world. I don;t recall from the ad if this GPS only or is there e-collar function as well?

Brookieslayer

gps only functions

C.J.L.

TTT

Just wondering.  

C.J.L.

NO one?

C.J.L.

Well I guess I'm Laika and will be the first.  Got two collars in the mail today.  Took a few minutes to get them on my phone and will run the dogs tomorrow. Set was super simple.  Also going to see if they will work off an old phone that doesn't have access to cell service but does work off WiFi.  

BraqueLover

CJL,

I am very interested in getting a couple of these units.  What is your initial impression?

Thanks,

BL

Korthaar

I've seen them advertised on either " The Flush", or "Wingshooter".  Curious about them too.  They need to market to houndsmen and cur hunters.

C.J.L.

So far I really like them.  I've never used GPS for the dogs before but "old dog new trick thing" you know.  Rocky at Laelaps who developed the program was great to deal with and said I could call him 24/7 if there ever was an issue.  I believe him.  

I'm not running these on my everyday phone either.  I have an old Samsung and I use that and that is pretty cool.  Saves on battery life of my day to day phone.  More to coe.