FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
gjw

Lovetts Add On Beeper - Thoughts?

gjw

Hey all, well my Tritronics Upland Beeper is dead.  So, in looking for a replacement the Lovetts seem to be the ticket.  So.......anyone have any comments on the one I'm looking at:

https://lovettdog.com/beeper-bark-collars/4-mode-beeper-add-on

Any thoughts, good, bad and the ugly.  All are appreicated!

Thanks!

Greg

dogrunner

I have had a couple of the beepers years ago but not that one.  The ones I had were always worked well, I could hear the low tone better. 

bmeador

I've got a Lovett add on that I never used much. Send me your mailing address and I'll send it to you. If you like it, send Brad a donation. 

bmeador

20171202_091211.jpg

Salt Creek GSP

I have used these for years and like them. Very easy on batteries. Many people hate beepers but if I can't see the dogs I can hear them and know how they are hunting. To each his own.

Cooter Brown

I've got one--it's the one I'm using now.  The tone is too high pitched for me to be able to find it well, but my Lovett's VLT (Very Low Tone) stopped working and I've ordered two new VLTs from Gun Dog Supply, neither of which worked and which I returned.  I've left three messages with Lovett's stating that I want to buy a collar and have not had a return call.  The VLT is by far the best collar for me and it's too bad Lovett's doesn't seem to care much about being in the beeper business anymore.

I use the collar in combination with an Alpha--I'd have a hell of a time finding the dog without the Alpha.  I have compromised high pitched hearing in my left ear and it makes triangulating on the beeper dificult.  But I'll always use a beeper in the grouse woods.

The Lovett's add on beeper has been dependable--the VLT was too and lasted through 7-8 tough seasons.

For what it's worth, the folks at Gun Dog Supply told me that the beeper market is shrinking rapidly.