• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
mccuha

Christmas present

PartridgeCartridge

How timely. I have just finished shopping for the little missus.

A new vacuum, Swiffer, extra pads, Comet, Lysol wipes, Thighmaster and many other assorted goodies that just scream..."I Love You"... will be awaiting her on that joyous morning.

Merry Xmas.

Auto-5

I’m always a sucker for good leather shooting gloves or maybe a nice fedora or field trailer style hat. I have them in both felt /fur and straw for warmer seasons.

topdog1961
On December 6, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Brad Eden said:

If he has everything he likely has all this, but here's some suggestions.

Peet Boot dryer....Those are on my wish list...

Poultry Shears for processing birds

Shooting glasses

Gift certificate from Gun Dog Supply

Gerber game shears are on sale at Cabelas for about $11.  They are great stocking stuffers for any outdoorsman, or indoor cook, who doesn't have a high quality set of shears. It will be the last pair they ever need. They cut through wings and legs like butter. 

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Gerber-Vital-Shears/1861213.uts?productVariantId=3931651&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03946515&rid=20&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrJf8l5OH2AIVxlYNCh2NAwgVEAQYASABEgLLGfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

frak
  • UJ hat, or a stormy Kromer ($50)
  • a thermometer/hygrometer to clip to the crate in the back of the SUV.  It gives you real-time info about heat & humidity when you are out training in the summer ($30)
  • Weathertech floor liners for truck/suv ($60-$300)
  • Portable car battery jumper.  (Also good for recharging an iphone in the middle of nowhere) ($75-$150 depending on amps)
  • an iPad/iphone re-charger.  Not as big as the car battery jumper, obviously, but you can use it on your iphone on an airplane if stuck for 7 hours on the ATL tarmac (just saying).  ($35-50 depending on amps)
  • 2.5 gallon water jug for the suv/truck for the dogs.  These are really cheap, hold a lot of water, and are nicely shaped (narrow/rectangular) to slide into a stuffed car. ($7)
  • bore snake, balistol, etc.  maybe even a roll up gun cleaning kit.  The one at Orvis is nice. ($30-80)
  • Soft-side shotgun case ($90)
  • Filson tin dove bag ($175)

I’ve given the portable car battery jumper to some people and they have all raved about it.  Some have used it to jump their car or a friend’s car, and others have used it to charge their iPhones.  Toss it in the truck or SUV, and recharge it once in a long while (maybe before a trip).  The other items in the list are things I really like - - all at different price points - - and that your FIL might like as well.

topdog1961

The latest item on the stainless vacuum trend are whiskey and stemless wine glasses. My wife got me one and they work great for keeping drinks cold even without a sippy cup lid. I mean really well. This set of four whiskey glasses is about $50 and Walmart has an Ozark stainless wine glass for about $6. They make good stocking stuffers. 

image.jpeg

mccuha

you guys have come up with some great ideas.  I ended up getting him a gun mount for his gator. The kind that mounts in floor board and stands the guns up straight.( kind of like the shotgun holders police use to have in there car)