FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
terrym

Yeti ?

terrym

Was in Cabelas poking around and was looking at these. Crazy money but look like they are built for a lifetime.  Do they really keep things cold longer than the run of the mill coolers we all own?

NECarson

They definitely keep ice better. 

Much, much more importantly to me, they are far more durable. 

gaberdeen

They are good bit I think the Rtic’s are just as good and cheaper.

Brad Eden

Here is another recent Topic on Yetis/coolers to review that went 5 pages. Yeti Topic (I don't post this to stifle this Topic but to provide further info if wanted.)

pjourn

I was always skeptical, then I got one to use as bear proof storage. Now I'm sold. The ice retention is better, but that is not as big a deal to me as it being bear proof and durable. I put one in the front of my boat and I think it's stronger that the fiberglass seat box. 

Clueless1

They have their uses and really only you can decide if it's worth the money.  I have a cheapie Rubbermaid cooler that I have had for 25 years, nothing wrong with it.  I am obviously not rough on coolers, so to me it's not worth it.  I can buy an extra bag of ice during a week if I need to.  

Others are pretty rough on coolers.  It's worth it there.  

Chukarman

The hinges break on the cheaper coolers... PITA!

Bought a large Yeti to fit in front of the center console on my Parker. Outstanding.

dogrunner

I think there too pricey and too heavy without anything in them. I have a cooler without hinges and keeps ice decent and is light, works good for me.  

Clueless1

http://thecoolerbox.com/

Here's a good site to check out.  Found this awhile ago when looking into these coolers.

NECarson

I've said this other places, probably other threads here... 

There's many options, and many reasons for choosing various options. 

But I despise the blatant ripoffs. They are part of what drives up the price of innovation. 

MSchafer

no argument intended just my observations.

But I have also said this here and other places  what do you really need from your "ice chest" I have a no logo NRS that is every bit as good as a Yeti and I don't worry about the name on it making it sprout legs and walk off. I have never seen where Yeti was an innovator but may have paid more in marketing dollars?, much the same opinion I have of Underarmor. plenty of really good boxes on the market now I also have a Ingler and an Rtic all are great, good friend is very strong on the Jackson Kayaks version. I consider mine as a way to keep frozen things frozen on extended raft fishing floats and trips back home with meat from hunts, any "cooler" can keep beer drinkable for a long weekend  

Marc Ret

Yet another contender for the adventure cooler market Otterbox Venture

NECarson
5 hours ago, MSchafer said:

what do you really need from your "ice chest" 

That's the big question. 

aje4

Eric route for me....very well made and great sales this time of year.

aje4

rtic....not Eric