FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
terrym

Yeti ?

DAG
23 hours ago, NECarson said:

I bought a Yeti, because if possible I shop at locally owned businesses. 

I bought mine from our local Ace Hardware. Been locally owned for over 30 years. 

braque du upstate

I like my rtic. the 65 is overkill for most of my needs. Picked up Wal-Mart's soft sided cooler for $ 30 . Practical and i didn't need a payment plan. F- yeti. 

whiskyjack

I have a Yeti Tundra 45. I have found it to be very good at keeping my food frozen for a week or so. I am one of those folks who spends multiple days in the bush a very long way from town so the long-lasting ice feature is great. 

I also have an Igloo Sportsman which is quite similar to the Yeti, Engel etc. I use it to transport

game in. It will hold a boned out mule deer easily.

My truck cooler is the much smaller BPS Redhead version that sits on the seat and holds my drinks, fruit etc on long trips. I hate warm juice, something I drink lots of as a diabetic.

I sold or gave away all my cheap coolers and haven't looked back. While I don't abuse my coolers, I do use them hard and being as I spend a fair bit of time in Griz country, the bear proof aspect is nice. I just hope I never need to test it out!

FWIW, I also like their coffee holding devices. but we are talking coolers here.

Jeff

NECarson
10 hours ago, whiskyjack said:

FWIW, I also like their coffee holding devices. but we are talking coolers here.

Jeff

My wife used to make fun of my collection of stainless Yeti products. One day I couldn't find any of her travel cups, so I put her coffee in one of mine so we could leave. 

Apparently that one is her cup now. 

woodduck

For me and the few times I use a cooler I just can't see spending that kind of money when ice is only a $1.50 a bag in my neck of the woods........

NECarson

Stopped by the local shop I frequent and bought her a seafoam 20.

Now I can have my backup back! 

crmartin

an independent test found that the top of the line cabelas  was better by a slight margin and a little cheaper

whiskyjack
3 hours ago, NECarson said:

Stopped by the local shop I frequent and bought her a seafoam 20.

Now I can have my backup back! 

My wife has the seafoam 20 as well.

Now she wants the new 14ounce coffee cup in bright blue!

Yeti isn't shipping the newest one to Canada yet as I tried to

order her one for Christmas.

The new slider lid is pretty handy.

Jeff

NECarson
7 hours ago, whiskyjack said:

My wife has the seafoam 20 as well.

Now she wants the new 14ounce coffee cup in bright blue!

Yeti isn't shipping the newest one to Canada yet as I tried to

order her one for Christmas.

The new slider lid is pretty handy.

Jeff

They aren't shipping any more to retailers until 2018... I'm really wanting a 14 for late season tailgate meals. 

The slider lid is nice. It took me embarrassingly long to realize that it lifts off though! 

whiskyjack
15 hours ago, NECarson said:

They aren't shipping any more to retailers until 2018... I'm really wanting a 14 for late season tailgate meals. 

The slider lid is nice. It took me embarrassingly long to realize that it lifts off though! 

That 14 is my idea of perfect for sitting around the campfire sipping coffee.

For tailgating I have a nice heavy duty ceramic mug that is ideal.

I bet they are going to be the most popular of all the cups that Yeti carries.

Jeff

NECarson
Just now, whiskyjack said:

That 14 is my idea of perfect for sitting around the campfire sipping coffee.

For tailgating I have a nice heavy duty ceramic mug that is ideal.

I bet they are going to be the most popular of all the cups that Yeti carries.

Jeff

What sold me on the Lowball was campfire coffee and whiskey... No breakage! 

I live in fear of breaking ceramic stuff out there. I haven't yet, but that doesn't convince me. 

I think you're right though, it's gonna be super popular. Durable, versatile. 

whiskyjack
On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎19 at 9:57 PM, NECarson said:

What sold me on the Lowball was campfire coffee and whiskey... No breakage! 

I live in fear of breaking ceramic stuff out there. I haven't yet, but that doesn't convince me. 

I think you're right though, it's gonna be super popular. Durable, versatile. 

Yep, all it would take is one moment of a lack of coordination and smash.

I do prefer my drop or three of Scotch in the ceramic mug around the fire.

The ceramic mugs I have are old Army Mess Hall ones, tough as nails!

Flairball

Yeti is way too expensive. Just not worth it. There are other products just as good for half the price. I bought an RTIC soft side cooler for less than half the price of a Yeti and it does its job really well. Better than any cooler I’ve ever owned. I also bought the Ozark Trail 20oz tumbler. Awesome bit of kit. Keeps your drinks either hot or cold all day. I use it for my coffee every morning. The last sip is as hot as the first. And, I bought 3 of them for the price of a single Yeti. 

NECarson
7 hours ago, Flairball said:

Yeti is way too expensive. Just not worth it. There are other products just as good for half the price. I bought an RTIC soft side cooler for less than half the price of a Yeti and it does its job really well. Better than any cooler I’ve ever owned. I also bought the Ozark Trail 20oz tumbler. Awesome bit of kit. Keeps your drinks either hot or cold all day. I use it for my coffee every morning. The last sip is as hot as the first. And, I bought 3 of them for the price of a single Yeti. 

The same could be said about most things in life. 

Why buy a fine gun, when an 870 will work for less?

Like the company or not, they've bought a number of desirable things to the mainstream, or market period. If they hadn't, there wouldn't be a dozen knockoffs. 

Brad Eden

As I've said before here. Their branding, marketing and advertising is top notch. That doesn't mean I'll pay for that.

But if I received a Yeti as a present, I wouldn't return it...

I agree with Flairball. They too expensive when there are other coolers just as good for less. If others can or want to spend that kind of money, I'm happy for them. I still have a Coleman or a Thermos brand. It's in garage, can't remember. I dont do back country western hunting on horseback for mountain goats...but it works fine for short/few day soujurns up north to camp etc.