Jump to content
FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
terrym

Yeti ?

Recommended Posts

bmeador

I have RTIC 15?, Pelican 40 or 45, Coleman Extreme 65 and Ozark Trails softside. Don't need anymore. They all work as I need them and, penny for penny, the Coleman is the best deal. But I haven't given the softside a workout yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NECarson
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

 

 

But if I received a Yeti as a present, I wouldn't return it...

 

 

I don't like you that much. 

 

Maybe someone else does though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shoot-straight
4 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

As I've said before here. Their branding, marketing and advertising is top notch. That doesn't mean I'll pay for that.

 

But if I received a Yeti as a present, I wouldn't return it...

 

 I agree with Flairball. They too expensive when there are other coolers just as good for less. If others can or want to spend that kind of money, I'm happy for them. I still have a Coleman or a Thermos brand. It's in garage, can't remember. I dont do back country western hunting on horseback for mountain goats...but it works fine for short/few day soujurns up north to camp etc.

Damn brad, guess you can kiss that yeti sponsorship of UJ goodbye! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brad Eden
33 minutes ago, shoot-straight said:

Damn brad, guess you can kiss that yeti sponsorship of UJ goodbye! 😀

 

How true. Bummer...yet... I don't solicit for ad sponsors. They approach me because of the good things they have heard about UJ. And as can be seen, the Board isn't inundated with loads of flashing ads like most other Boards and websites.The Board stays online mainly due to donations from Members. Those who donate are put in the Contributing Member Group with some enhanced Priviliges and functionality like yourself Shoot-Straight, and thank you. Members can see what Group they are in under their Avatars: Either Members or Contributing Members. Info in donating and supporting this online community can easily be found by visiting the top Forum on Board: Member Grouops, Donations, & Sponsor Info, and specifically the following Topic: Member Groups & Priviliges

 

I know you were kidding around but...Thanks for bringing this up. It's almost 2018 and time to try and get "Members" to donate to support the Board for another year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flairball
5 hours ago, NECarson said:

The same could be said about most things in life. 

 

Why buy a fine gun, when an 870 will work for less?

 

Like the company or not, they've bought a number of desirable things to the mainstream, or market period. If they hadn't, there wouldn't be a dozen knockoffs. 

That’s not really a fair comparison, when RTIC and Ozark Trail products have either equaled or exceeded Yeti’s performance. Yeti is not a fine gun, and RTIC and Ozark Trail 870s. 

 

I think the the fact that these other companies are selling the same technology for a fraction of the price actually says something about Yeti. That people still pay their price is foolish. But as the saying goes, a fool and his money will soon be parted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner

I didn’t know coolers were this interesting. My buddies or family never talk about them. 😉. When I was at Cabelas this week they weren’t getting any action.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RookieEP
1 hour ago, Flairball said:

That’s not really a fair comparison, when RTIC and Ozark Trail products have either equaled or exceeded Yeti’s performance. Yeti is not a fine gun, and RTIC and Ozark Trail 870s. 

 

I think the the fact that these other companies are selling the same technology for a fraction of the price actually says something about Yeti. That people still pay their price is foolish. But as the saying goes, a fool and his money will soon be parted. 

While pricey I have 2 yeti coolers a tundra 45 and flip18.  Both gifts from my wife. I dont mind paying for a original product if the product is good.  There has been a ton of copycats of Yeti. Im not saying they are bad products quite the opposite.  Field and stream did review listing their findings.  But a part of me doesn’t like to fund a company that ripped another’s company idea and all the research that was put in to get to where they are now.  People can buy and use what they want but I wouldnt call it foolish for what one decides to buy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NECarson
12 minutes ago, RookieEP said:

While pricey I have 2 yeti coolers a tundra 45 and flip18.  Both gifts from my wife. I dont mind paying for a original product if the product is good.  There has been a ton of copycats of Yeti. Im not saying they are bad products quite the opposite.  Field and stream did review listing their findings.  But a part of me doesn’t like to fund a company that ripped another’s company idea and all the research that was put in to get to where they are now.  People can buy and use what they want but I wouldnt call it foolish for what one decides to buy.  

Exactly my point. 

 

Without innovation, there would be no one to copy. I've got a 65, 45, Hopper 20, and a bunch of different Ramblers.

 

None were cheap, but I don't regret spending the money. Quality product, from a company that has done things I like. With the products and as a business. 

 

On edit: One of the best warranty departments I've ever dealt with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flairball
1 hour ago, RookieEP said:

  But a part of me doesn’t like to fund a company that ripped another’s company idea and all the research that was put in to get to where they are now.  

If Yeti had had their idea and research ripped off they’d have more than just a trade dress lawsuit going. But they don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NECarson
1 hour ago, Flairball said:

If Yeti had had their idea and research ripped off they’d have more than just a trade dress lawsuit going. But they don’t. 

Complete coincidence that a few months after the cups came out there were a half dozen others that looked just like them? 

 

Plain stainless vacuum insulated cups were few and far between until recently. 

 

Who was making a durable, leakproof soft cooler 5 years ago? 

 

 

It's a fact of the modern world that research and development has become ripoff and duplicate. Not just Yeti. Virtually anyone that brings anything even remotely unique or innovative to market. Or finds a broader market for an existing specialty product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
topdog1961

Personally, I don't believe their real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brad Eden
13 minutes ago, topdog1961 said:

Personally, I don't believe their real. 

 

IMG_0568.JPG

 

Where's the love...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner

I seen one they like Jack Links. He didn’t have a cooler with him.  

DC617E03-9615-4E77-83DD-C83A42D01A1C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×