MAArcher

Cannabis for dogs and new food recommendation?

Chukarman

I feed PP Performance, but top dress it with beef, chicken and rice, or other preparations and the dogs ALWAYS eat all their food, even my 13 year old.

I have absorbed a good deal or cannabis- based products, but I still have some age-related aches and pains. Still, I can't say it has done much harm.

greg jacobs

Have an old dog that wasn't eating good. Tried some different things as a top dressing. The wife got some pedigree canned dog food to feed him. I figured out if I took a couple spoons full and mixed it with warm water and poorer it over his regular food and let it sit a couple minutes that he was back eating again.

wildplaces

Im new here, so take this as you will.  Also, I'm a licensed Medical Marijuana Provider in Mt.  CBD, CBDA, acid, is a proven (much literature available) anti-inflammatory, anti- seizure medication.  Works well in canines.  Small doses of THC has the same affect on dogs as people as far as i have observed.  Indica strains mellow them out and help them sleep with pain.  Sativas help with appetite.  Low doses.  Over dose symptoms are an un-ability to stand and eyes rolling back in head.  Really scary but not harmful, just stoned.  Take them to the vet, have blood work done, spend a bunch of money; or just let em be.  They will be fine.  Give them some good music; Hank 1, 2 or three is nice, and check on them in a couple of hours.  Weed is an amazing plant as we will discover here in the US over the next 20 or so years.  The rest of the world has a 5000 yr knowledge of its benefits.  So much for American exceptionalism.

Spin
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, PartridgeCartridge said:

Just because it doesn't get you, or the dog, high, doesn't mean it is useless. It has to do with the receptors in the brain. There is therapeutic value.

Right Doc?

No Dave it's receptors located are in an entire neural network throughout the body. CBD is one of 60 different cannabinoids found in Cannabis Sativa or commonly as it's commonly called Marihuana. CBD oil is also present in quantity in the closely related Hemp plant. Hemp has only small trace amounts of THC, the psychotropic cannabinoid. The CBD extracted from either is exactly the same.(regardless it's often falsely stated that only CBD has medical value. in fact the many different types of cannabinoids seem to work together in some cases in a "Nature's Cocktail" What medical science really knows is that there is a great deal we have yet to know about this plant and it's properties)

The absence of THC will negate certain medical benefits, anti spasmodic properties I believe for one. However CBD does appear to have positive affects against certain types of pain and is also anti inflammatory. Some strains of Cannabis show promise as a tumor inhibitor. Israel currently leads the free world in medical research of cannabis and apparently

the findings must be promising. They are putting a lot of funding and effort into it. 

DocE
3 hours ago, Spin said:

. CBD is one of 60 different cannabinoids found in Cannabis Sativa or commonly

as it's commonly called Marihuana.

Actually. there are 113 cannabinoids discovered so far, and terpenes.

THC is the only psychoactive one.

Spin
22 minutes ago, DocE said:

Actually. there are 113 cannabinoids discovered so far, and terpenes.

THC is the only psychoactive one.

Doc it's my understanding that cannabinoids other than THC work in conjunction with the THC to produce differing feelings, characteristics ie. Sativa generally produces a more prominent mental effect where as indica varieties have a more sedative effect and a more pronounced "body high" reference;   Cannabis indica - Wikipedia

So if you accept the definition of psychotropic drug as a substance which causes an abnormal functioning of the brain or perhaps better, the mind then could any of these other

cannabinoids in conjunction with THC act as a psychoactive or psychotropic substance? Also could they not at some point in being metabolized by the body, combine to chemically change into a new compound or Cannabis indica - Wikipediamind altering form different from the basic chemical form of either of the original cannabinoids? Could this happen in interaction of more than just two of the myriad types we now know to exist? Also as you brought up there are the terpenes,. It crosses my mind as I've read that there are

desirable effects of medical use that seem to require the presence of THC to be effective. So logically you might think that as this combination effect say epileptic seizure, why would the brain and it's function not also be affected by7 other combinations of cannabinoids? Admittedly I'm drawing some conclusions on theory and not verified fact.

I'm being long winded but a friend of mine had  both knees dislocate and being a Big man the fall caused even more damage to connective tissues etc. He's been taking nothing for pain for well past half a year on nothing but CBD oil. It's hard for me to believe but hey there it is. I've become pretty interested in the whole medical aspect of cannabis. In fact I'm going to find out where in the human body does it manufacture it's own variation of both THC and CBD right after I send this post

DocE

Spin

Great questions.

There's sooo much we don't know yet.

homelessadam

You can blow smoke in a dogs ear to get them high. 

Just saying.

ryanr

"It's not for me officer, it's for my dog. Honest."