• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
dogrunner

First ice.

dogrunner

By the way the forecast is it should last, maybe will be able to drop a line next weekend. 

2D23ED1B-00AD-4601-863B-5D169679023F.jpeg

Up North

We made or first trip up to Red Lake this afternoon. Ice is about a foot thick upto the first ice piles, and about 12 ft of water. We caught our limit, and threw back a couple over size walleyes. We got back in time to clean them, and have a couple for dinner.

The resort was starting to pull some of their houses out with 1/2 ton pickup.

AF9C0ACE-BA3A-452B-BCF1-D56EDD57B40F.jpeg

50F6B504-663B-4EBF-A372-ED3F8407E11E.jpeg

282A69EE-2C34-4B0E-9FAD-29CE56D60715.jpeg

rudyc

Nice,

Nothing like "First Ice"

Be a few more days here and I'll be out.

dogrunner
9 hours ago, Up North said:

We made or first trip up to Red Lake this afternoon. Ice is about a foot thick upto the first ice piles, and about 12 ft of water. We caught our limit, and threw back a couple over size walleyes. We got back in time to clean them, and have a couple for dinner.

The resort was starting to pull some of their houses out with 1/2 ton pickup.

AF9C0ACE-BA3A-452B-BCF1-D56EDD57B40F.jpeg

50F6B504-663B-4EBF-A372-ED3F8407E11E.jpeg

282A69EE-2C34-4B0E-9FAD-29CE56D60715.jpeg

Looks delicious.  What kind of shanty is that?

Up North
2 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Looks delicious.  What kind of shanty is that?

It’s a Clam with the quilted insulated walls. We sold the Ice Castle earlier this year, because the ice in MT doesn’t get thick enough for it. So this Winter we will be mobile.

snapt

Henry's is solid, the lakes over in GTNP should be ready shortly.

38975744941_be479e5791_c.jpg

aje4

I’m still waiting for safe ice here in WI!  Can’t wait!

dogrunner

Wish we didn’t get 6” of snow last night. Because we would be making good ice tonight. 

74D6A7D1-9EE9-484F-B4CC-C1785F55AA84.jpeg

OldSarge

Been out on Gogebic a couple times now. Caught a few walleyes but nothing to write home about. I use a Clam sled two person as well. It’s a bit heavy fully loaded but plenty warm. Mine is a little older and only has the quilted roof, so the walls sweat but it is warm and keep my gear dry. I need to fix my snowmobile trailer so the skidoo expedition can do the pulling and I can cover more ice. 

Okhotnik
On 12/11/2017 at 6:53 AM, snapt said:

Henry's is solid, the lakes over in GTNP should be ready shortly.

38975744941_be479e5791_c.jpg

What trout is that?

almost looks like a lahontan

snapt

Henry’s lake Cutt. So in the ballpark. 

Cooter Brown
21 hours ago, OldSarge said:

Been out on Gogebic a couple times now. Caught a few walleyes but nothing to write home about. I use a Clam sled two person as well. It’s a bit heavy fully loaded but plenty warm. Mine is a little older and only has the quilted roof, so the walls sweat but it is warm and keep my gear dry. I need to fix my snowmobile trailer so the skidoo expedition can do the pulling and I can cover more ice. 

I don't know why but it seems strange to think of a lake I've seen so many times being frozen like that.

I guess Cisco which is where we stay is probably about the same now.  The fellow with the house nest to us says that right in front of the place is one of the better areas.

OldSarge

Cisco chain is across the highway from a good buddy’s house, just down from Roger’s Bar. Good bluegill fishing there.

Cooter Brown
3 hours ago, OldSarge said:

Cisco chain is across the highway from a good buddy’s house, just down from Roger’s Bar. Good bluegill fishing there.

Yeah, that's where I hunt out of.  Drive straight south on Cisco Lake Rd to the "Resort".

We ate at Roger's more than we should have this year--the power went out at the house!!!

Bud used to own the house we rent, and I bet you know who Bud was.

UplandHntr

We’re not too far from there and are struggling to get good ice. Our lake usually is one of the last to ice over because of wind and now the snow....  I hope to make a trip up between new years and the weekend after.