Anohaakten

Fair Iside SxS 20 Gauge. Took the plunge.

Anohaakten

Went ahead and took the plunge into the SxS world. I ordered the Fair Iside in 20 gauge. Can't wait to have it in my possession. 

Don Steese

Nothing like the anticipation of receiving a nice little package. Kinda like a kid at Christmas time.  Enjoy!!

Kurt

Congratulations! Did you get the boxlock, and what barrel length did you go for? You're going to post pictures when you can, right?

Anohaakten

Yeah. Boxlock, 28 inch barrels. Once I get it I will get a full review up with pictures. Looks pretty promising though.

Cedar Swamp
18 hours ago, Anohaakten said:

I ordered the Fair Iside in 20 gauge.

From whom did you order it? I've seen photos of the Iside and thought it a nice looking gun. As others mentioned, I hope you'll post photos and performance reports.

shinbone

Congratulations on the new gun.  Can’t wait to hear your report and see photos.

Peent

I read the review in Shooting Sportsman.  Looks like a nice one.  And configuration is ideal.  

shinbone

I read this review of the 20ga FAIR Iside:  https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/affordable-iconic-scattergun-fair-iside-20-gauge-full-review/

The review quotes the specs as:

SPECS

Type: Side-by-side, breechloading shotgun

Capacity: 2 rds.

Bore: 20 gauge; 3-in.

Barrel Length: 28 in.

Overall Length: 45.5 in.

Weight: 5 lbs., 8 oz.

Stock: Oil finished

Sights: Silver bead

MSRP: $1,450

I'm wondering, is it really possible that this is a 3"  20ga  SxS with 28" barrels that weighs 5lbs, 8oz?  That seems unusually light for a modern 20ga SxS . . . ?

Hopefully Anohaakten can access a good scale and he can gives us an accurate weight when he gets his new gun in.

Degle

I have an Iside in 16ga with 30” barrels. It is one grade above the standard model (has ejectors rather than extractors). Mine weighs 6 pounds 2 ounces, so I’m confidant your 20ga/28” will come in under 6 lbs. my Iside has worked flawlessly this season. 

Anohaakten

Thank you for all the replies. I am very excited to get it into my possession. Degle, thanks for sharing that information. It seems like the reviews are pretty favorable. I love hearing others personal opinions about the Iside. Not too many people out there have them.

I am banking on it weighing around that 5.5 pound mark. Other sites that have them for sale have them listed at 5 lbs 8oz or 5lbs 9oz, fingers crossed!

Degle, do you have pictures of yours? Curious to see some good pictures to get me even more antsy for mine.

tut

Thought it was made in Turkey as it looks like some of them made there.   However google is my friend and I see it is 100 percent made in Italy.

PS.  Does it have single or double triggers?  I went on their website and they only show single triggers.  However the pictures of the one in the Gunsamerica write up sure had double triggers. 

Anohaakten

Yup, 100 percent Italian made.

You can get single or double triggers. Ejector or extractor. Side plates or no sideplates. Case hardened or not etc. Many different configurations.

lee sykes

I have more faith In affordable Italian guns than those from any other source.  They have a longstanding tradition of quality upheld by non-variable parts sourcing and manufacturing techniques. 

Cooter Brown

That's a nice looking gun.  It's always amazed me that the Italians can produce such nice guns at the prices they do and turn a profit, especially when you add getting the product into the US.

The field model Berettas for example are terrific values.

Best of luck with the gun and let us know how you like it.

Larry Brown

Just saw one of these in 28ga with 30" barrels for sale on gunbroker.  Weight listed is just over 5 pounds.  Can't fault them for getting the weight down, for sure!