Anohaakten

Fair Iside SxS 20 Gauge. Took the plunge.

Anohaakten

Hopefully these are a step-up from the Dickinson turkish made SxS's. Which I have actually heard a lot of good things about.

Here are some more pictures I found on Guns International of potential color case hardening and wood configurations that I may receive. These photos are a little more detailed to give a better idea of what the gun looks like.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/shotguns-italian/fair-rizzini-iside-28-ga-28-quot-choke-tubes.cfm?gun_id=100925585

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/rizzini-shotguns/ll-13-8.cfm?gun_id=100946465

Jayhawk92

Where did you order this gun through?

Craig Doherty

Our LGS is going to stock them and he had a 28 ga with 28" barrels that was very tempting.  A buddy has the ISIDE PRESTIGE TARTARUGA GOLD which is a very nice looking gun.

Degle
On 12/18/2017 at 9:34 PM, Anohaakten said:

Degle, do you have pictures of yours? Curious to see some good pictures to get me even more antsy for mine.

I haven’t replaced my  photobucket account with imager yet to post photos. My Iside is the EM model like this one: https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product/DetailsBySKU/11129311

My gun is in 16ga with  30” barrels and double triggers

shinbone

Degle - do you have an accurate weight for your gun?

Larry Brown
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 12:09 PM, shinbone said:

I read this review of the 20ga FAIR Iside:  https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/affordable-iconic-scattergun-fair-iside-20-gauge-full-review/

The review quotes the specs as:

SPECS

Type: Side-by-side, breechloading shotgun

Capacity: 2 rds.

Bore: 20 gauge; 3-in.

Barrel Length: 28 in.

Overall Length: 45.5 in.

Weight: 5 lbs., 8 oz.

Stock: Oil finished

Sights: Silver bead

MSRP: $1,450

I'm wondering, is it really possible that this is a 3"  20ga  SxS with 28" barrels that weighs 5lbs, 8oz?  That seems unusually light for a modern 20ga SxS . . . ?

Hopefully Anohaakten can access a good scale and he can gives us an accurate weight when he gets his new gun in.

Concerning the weight:  I had a Webley & Scott 20ga, Model 720 with 3" chambers, that weighed a little under 5 1/2 on my postal scale.  (It had 26" barrels.)  Those guns were made for the American market back in the 70's.  I was never tempted in the least to shoot 3" shells in it!  One thing I like about the new Savage Fox A Grade, which is a 6# 20ga (give or take a little):  it's only chambered for 2 3/4" shells.  Keeps idiots from shoving magnums into a light gun and then saying:  "Gosh, that thing really kicks!"

jeff88

Congratulations! 

Can these be had with a PoW grip?  I read the SSM article and it seems like a great gun for the $.  A 12 ga with 28" barrels with a PoW at this price point seems ideal.  A 16 would be nice too.  Am guessing the 12 to be 6.5 pounds based on the weights for the 20 and 16 mentioned above.

Don Steese

Although I'm not a big fan of case coloring ( I prefer coin finish) and I like a bit of engraving, I'll be darned if I'm not thinking very seriously about picking one of these $1450 models up!  Under 6 lbs, 15+ inch LOP, a little cast off....sounds like it would fit out of the box??  What's not to like at that price???   Merry Christmas to me!!!

Now I just have to figure out where I can order one??

shinbone

These guns do look pretty good.  Unfortunately, the importer's website is hard to work through, and I don't see much in the way of double trigger models at the lower end of the price range.

Marc Ret
24 minutes ago, Don Steese said:

Although I'm not a big fan of case coloring ( I prefer coin finish) and I like a bit of engraving, I'll be darned if I'm not thinking very seriously about picking one of these $1450 models up!  Under 6 lbs, 15+ inch LOP, a little cast off....sounds like it would fit out of the box??  What's not to like at that price???   Merry Christmas to me!!!

Now I just have to figure out where I can order one??

Dealer Locator

F.A.I.R.'s dealer locator shows three dealers in the eastern/central area of PA, Don. Don't know if they stock the Iside or if you'd need to order one. I've been in the Horseshoe Pike shop several times. I'd be surprised if he stocked them. 

Merry Christmas to you.😁

Don Steese
3 minutes ago, Marc Ret said:

Dealer Locator

F.A.I.R.'s dealer locator shows three dealers in the eastern/central area of PA, Don. Don't know if they stock the Iside or if you'd need to order one. I've been in the Horseshoe Pike shop several times. I'd be surprised if he stocked them. 

Merry Christmas to you.😁

I'll check the place in Selinsgrove. It's only a few miles from me and I'm there a couple times a week. I'd like to have it before I leave for Arizona.

Marc Ret
5 minutes ago, Don Steese said:

I'll check the place in Selinsgrove. It's only a few miles from me and I'm there a couple times a week. I'd like to have it before I leave for Arizona.

I just checked to see if they had a website and found this Gun shops closes 

Bummer. 

Don Steese

I remember driving by that place and thinking it was a poor location for a gun shop.  Too bad though. 

Bird Buster

Try Quality Arms in Texas he seems to have several listed. 

jeff88
7 minutes ago, Bird Buster said:

Try Quality Arms in Texas he seems to have several listed. 

Quality Arms website:

http://www.arrieta.com/