• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Anohaakten

Fair Iside SxS 20 Gauge. Took the plunge.

Anohaakten

Here are a couple of You Tube videos for a little more about the gun.

jeff88

BTW, don't mention it if you are a Pats fan, especially this week.  The guy who runs Quality Arms is a 'Burgher.  There's a 20 for Don listed at $1,350.

lee sykes
57 minutes ago, Don Steese said:

Although I'm not a big fan of case coloring ( I prefer coin finish) and I like a bit of engraving, I'll be darned if I'm not thinking very seriously about picking one of these $1450 models up!  Under 6 lbs, 15+ inch LOP, a little cast off....sounds like it would fit out of the box??  What's not to like at that price???   Merry Christmas to me!!!

Now I just have to figure out where I can order one??

Edited by lee sykes
question answered already.

Anohaakten

I have a feeling the price on these are going to go up once the public catches on. I feel like they are trying to get their name out there right now, that is why they are being sold at the lower price.

Also sounds like the 30" barrels balance a little front heavy, based upon the You Tube video I posted earlier from The Gun Shop.

However, the 28" barrel seems to balance right on the hinge pin.

SXS-Shotgun-2.jpg

Anohaakten

The FAIR Rizzini Iside Tartaruga Gold's look really nice too!

1-FAIR-Iside-Tartaruga-Gold-E-Iside-Pres

FAIR-Iside-Tartaruga-.jpg

novo-2017-f.a.i.r.-iside-tartaruga-gold-

lee sykes

For twice the price, it should!    I don't care for the skip line checkering.   I'm glad that  F.A.I.R. has started making side by sides.   The B. Rizzinis are nice but pricey at 5k.  

Anohaakten

Here is also a video I found regarding their State of the Art manufacturing facility. 

Looks like they do a pretty good job. I like that they pattern the guns.

Cold Iron
5 hours ago, jeff88 said:

BTW, don't mention it if you are a Pats fan, especially this week.  The guy who runs Quality Arms is a 'Burgher.  There's a 20 for Don listed at $1,350.

If you call IFG and talk to them about a FAIR (I. Rizzini) especially 16 ga. they will likely refer you to John at Quality Arms anyhow. I have called IFG a couple of times over the last couple of years either for myself or a friend. I would just go straight to John to start with he seems to be their preferred dealer. The guy I talked to at IFG is knowledge about what he imports but said that John has forgotten more about the 16 ga. then he ever knew. John also sells B. Rizzini and is honest and fair (no pun intended) from my experience. No matter what gauge I would just call John.

I own 2 B. Rizzini guns both 12 ga. target guns. And 2 I. Rizzini guns. FAIR made guns at several price points that were sold in the US over the years including Verona and NEA and I have one of each. The NEA 500 is a 16 ga. and have both 28" and 30" barrels for it. 6 pounds 2 oz. so I believe there is a good chance the listed weights are correct for the SxS guns. FAIR did get the 16 ga. guns right.

26253868453_5dcf940819_b.jpg

I prefer my barrels stacked properly or a single barrel instead of all twisted around next to each other :P

My FAIR guns are pretty close to my B. Rizzini guns but not quite up to the same level. However still more than satisfactory and the B. Rizzini guns are not 2-3X more gun for the cost difference. The B. Rizzini guns are closer to my Beretta's but the I. Rizzini guns are close too. Very subtle differences between all of them.

One thing about the FAIR guns is additional barrels can be ordered and no fitting is required. IFG told me this applies to a subgage bbl. fitting a larger receiver, although don't know if this applies to their SxS guns. Couple of months ago called them for pricing on a second barrel for a friend and it was ~$1,100 so at the prices of these guns it would make more sense to get another gun instead IMO.

Few years back FAIR went to a wood finish that they call Opti Wood finish which is laser enhanced. I saw one gun with it (an O\U) and it looked kind of fake and cheesy IMO. But that was gloss and these look like oil. Not sure if they are still doing the Opti Wood finish just checked the website and didn't see it so maybe they discontinued it. 

If I was in the market for a modern SxS at a decent price FAIR is where I would start.

Anohaakten

Wow. That is the kind of post I was looking for. Great to hear some personal experience with the FAIR shotguns.

Thank you so much.

Anohaakten

Getting harder to find. Looks like a lot of them are selling out online. This discussion must have triggered some to take the plunge with me!

Auto-5

Cool looking gun, congratulations. I too read the recent article in Shooting Sportsman and was impressed. I was struck by the other article in that magazine regarding the new Fox offering. I found myself really wondering if the $3k plus price difference in the actual guns was really justified. I mean they are both seemingly decently done A&D boxlocks with fairly similar features. I look forward to your review.

Bird Buster

Jeff88 that gun for 1350.00 is already gone. I called And inquired earlier about. Hate I missed that one. 

EllieGSP

I had inquired a little while back about their 20ga's.    I was/am thinking of replacing a CZ Bobwhite with a Cabela's Dickinson and then ran across the F.A.I.R.   It sounded like all the newer production sub-gauges where going to be case colored.   You can get a F.A.I.R. Iside Std 20ga with extractors, DT, Straight Stock, 28" tubes and 3 chokes.  The going price was around 1600, depending on dealer you talked to.  

Anohaakten - I don't know how this compared to your price and what you ordered.

Degle
14 hours ago, shinbone said:

Degle - do you have an accurate weight for your gun?

6 lbs 2.6 ounces and not front-heavy at all with 30” barrels.

ThreeDogs

I like the gun but hate the skip line checkering. Gag me with a spoon maybe a gun smith can fix it?