• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Anohaakten

Fair Iside SxS 20 Gauge. Took the plunge.

Anohaakten

Thanks for all the replies. I figured out how to get the pictures embedded. ThreeDogs, I am not sure if you can get it without the skip line checking. I actually like it quite a bit, looks really nice in my opinion.

Honestly, I know this is cliche, but pictures do not do it justice. The gun overall is breath taking in person.

Dogwood

I checked the website and it provided scant details on the dimensions/options in any given gun.  Would like to know more; did they send you a printed brochure etc.?

Kurt

Very nice! It is just the way i'd want it but in 12 at 6.8. I'm too clumsy for 5.8.

Anohaakten

1 of 2 birds bagged this past weekend with the Fair Iside 20 Gauge.  It is really well built, absolutely love this gun. Had zero malfunctions, ran into no issues with this shotgun, worked flawlessly. Really a quality shotgun.

5jYZdtcxGmQujxBoUZr4RJS8Ri3yO3Vr00r0qejipK0%2CSrVE-hJrkxTacOMf6PAlutQVXpPxPrUrHVESsv9ovCE?size=32x32&size_mode=5

megapickels

Has anyone handled both this and the Dickinson Estate? I'm interested in this one because of the lighter weight but the Dickinson seems to be much more readily available.

shinbone
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 12:12 PM, Dogwood said:

I checked the website and it provided scant details on the dimensions/options in any given gun.  Would like to know more; did they send you a printed brochure etc.?

I ran into this same problem.

I sent an email asking for more info, and never got a response.

Anohaakten

Hello,

Megpickels - I have handled both. I liked the FAIR iside a lot better. Felt a lot better in the hands, a pound lighter and 100 percent Italian built. The gun really does feel like quality work. However, those Dickinsons are also great guns. Cannot go wrong with them, I just think that the FAIR iside is a step up.

Shinbone and Dogwood - Justin has been out of town because he had a funeral to attend to. I called last week because I wanted to order an IM and Full choke tubes along with a wood butt plate and this is what they told me. Their office number is (800) 450-1852. Give them a jingle, I found them very helpful. 

Swampy 16

Every Italian made fun I’ve owned has been great. My main grouse gun is Fausti Venice 20 gauge with 26” barrels. I absolutely love it. It’s a true “feather duster”.  There’s one for sale on Marks Born Again bird Guns page. Congratulations and good luck with it. I may need to look into the 16 gauge.

Swampy 16

Every Italian made fun I’ve owned has been great. My main grouse gun is Fausti Venice 20 gauge with 26” barrels. I absolutely love it. It’s a true “feather duster”.  There’s one for sale on Marks Born Again bird Guns page. Congratulations and good luck with it. I may need to look into the 16 gauge.