FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
topdog1961

Your favorite piece of meat processing equipment

Treerooster

Mine would probably be the Work Sharp sharpener. Like my knives but not when they ain't sharp.

I like my grinder to. Just a hand crank #32 grinder but it works great for me. It just isn't that hard to grind meat with it.

garyRI

50 dollar KitchenAid grinder attachment. I freeze ground meat trimmings in 2 pound (or so) packages and "grind to order" before cooking (mostly meatloafs with bacon added for the fat).

Jakeismydog2

Here is my new toy. My dad gave it to me for Christmas. a vintage Hobart meat slicer. I think it is a 1612 but the model # plate is missing. I spent the last 2 days cleaning all the decades old congealed beef fat out of it and she runs like a champ. Sliced up some leftover primerib for sandwiches today. Works great!

If any of you have any knowledge on these old beasts (super heavy) let me know.

IMG_20180101_172656.jpg

gordy

Fork

Birdcountry70
2 hours ago, gordy said:

Fork

C'mon, I think you were just trying to get your 1000th post!

WPG Gizmo
On 2/21/2018 at 4:25 PM, gordy said:

Fork

Mine also that is the best meat processing tool I own the one that puts it in my mouth :D everything else is just a prep tool

MAArcher
On 1/2/2018 at 12:11 AM, Jakeismydog2 said:

Here is my new toy. My dad gave it to me for Christmas. a vintage Hobart meat slicer. I think it is a 1612 but the model # plate is missing. I spent the last 2 days cleaning all the decades old congealed beef fat out of it and she runs like a champ. Sliced up some leftover primerib for sandwiches today. Works great!

If any of you have any knowledge on these old beasts (super heavy) let me know.

IMG_20180101_172656.jpg

I have a really old manual slide Hobart slicer.  Don't use it as much as i thought I would.  I'd like to get a new blade for it but they cost as much as I paid for the slicer.  Still makes short work of turning a piece of meat into jerky strips though.  Something about old Hobart equipment, I just like having them (I have a grinder too).  They really back up the cliche that "they don't make em like they used too".  

Oh ya, I know what else i can tell you, lift with your legs not your back!  Damn things weigh a ton.  

rideold

I hear ya.  My kitchen aid stand mixer is a Hobart.  Won't give that one up for anything.

salmontogue

My teeth  I still have all of them and in very good condition.

Perk

oak stob
13 minutes ago, salmontogue said:

My teeth  I still have all of them and in very good condition.

Perk

:DI wish I had said that!

Brad Eden
On 12/18/2017 at 8:07 AM, Brad Eden said:

I think I have the same scale. We use it as decoration since I have another newer one. I just looked but I think JoAnn packed it away to make room for all the Christmas crap all over the house right now.

IMG_0718.JPG

We do have one (from original Post on this Topic). Put back out on display after Christmas concluded.

My favorite piece of processing equipment is still that electric grinder.  A few days ago I ground up the meat from the last wild turkey I shot. And froze in 1 pound portions.

Brad H

IMG_3122.JPG

This is my favorite piece of processing equipment, what can I say I am lazy...

charlo slim

IMG_1290.JPG

Ok, behind the grinder and decent knives of course, but a simple, superb, and handy piece of equipment IMO. Not cheap @~ $40 (for a simple, essentially hand utensil).  But it handles the task quickly and efficiently.

Equally important, cleanup is a snap..... most unlike the more complicated (and expensive) alternatives. 

Westmark "steakmaster"