FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
mccuha

bed slide

mccuha

I realize this topic has probably been put out there but I thought I would ask. Does anyone have and or made a bed slide. I'm thinking of making one to make it easier to unload my gear from behind my dog box. Also possibly thinking of putting a dog box behind the one I have now. Would like to make one as low profile as possible to give me more clearance on to of the space above the dog box.

Kansas Bound

0928161910.thumb.jpg.d8190e533ad68628f85df99fa4e65584.jpg

Kansas Bound

I installed the ATC bed system.  I really like it so far.

RuffChaser

MY hope is in the next year or so I'l have a pickup with a Bed Slide and a drawer/kennel system to go on it for the three setters and my stuff.

mccuha

that looks really nice. How is slide attached to bed?

Kansas Bound

It attaches two ways.  You can either bolt it down for a lower weight rating fully extended or they attach the front to your box depending on the year of the truck.

Kansas Bound

If you are wanting a deck type system with a slider I think you should call Ainley for a price first and go from there.  I think you would be pleased with their price vs others.

mccuha
1 minute ago, Kansas Bound said:

If you are wanting a deck type system with a slider I think you should call Ainley for a price first and go from there.  I think you would be pleased with their price vs others.

what kind of prices are you talking (ball park) for a store bought one. I had just thought about making one.

Kansas Bound

I think shipping will kill you being in SC.  Probably start around $800.

Check out MobileStrong too.  Saw them at Pheasant Fest a couple years ago.

Chukarman

I have a Bedslide in my F350. It allows me to make full use of the bed below the dog topper. I mounted a 38 gallon poly water tank  and 12V pump at the cab end of the  slide. My gun draw is mounted on the forward right side and a space on the left accommodates a 51 quart 12V fridge/freezer. The whole set up works really well and the Bedslide has held up well and is easy to operate.

mccuha

I’m assuming made out of 2x’s and plywood 

Chukarman

-- Mine is a commercial product named 'Bedslide' and cost IIRC, about $1800 installed. wAYYY better than tryying to make a workable slide. And worth the money.

hexfly

Maybe this is to cheap. But I built a box for an older Silverado that I saw in a carpenters truck that he used to compartment his tools. Nothing more than particle board. One side is super smooth, the other side is flat but rougher. If you put smooth on smooth or rough on smooth you'll be surprised how easy it will glide. I'm thinking put your dog box on 2x2 gliders with a couple of 2x2 guides, the box won't move out of position, reposition easily and only cost you 25 bucks. This way you don't feel bad about having give it way when you you sell the truck. Just a thought. 

NECarson
5 hours ago, hexfly said:

Maybe this is to cheap. But I built a box for an older Silverado that I saw in a carpenters truck that he used to compartment his tools. Nothing more than particle board. One side is super smooth, the other side is flat but rougher. If you put smooth on smooth or rough on smooth you'll be surprised how easy it will glide. I'm thinking put your dog box on 2x2 gliders with a couple of 2x2 guides, the box won't move out of position, reposition easily and only cost you 25 bucks. This way you don't feel bad about having give it way when you you sell the truck. Just a thought. 

It will slide out the bed when parked facing uphill... 

But that's funny to watch. 

Also, thats OSB, not particle board. 

UplandHntr

Always looking for ideas to optimize the back of my Suburban- anyone have any experience with www.decked.com. ?