• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Pudgy gopher

Pressure cooking Pheasants

Pudgy gopher

I am not a fan of dried out pheasants. Most recipies i have found that address this issue are ones which the bird  is plucked and the skin is left on.  I am thinking about trying them in an elctric pressure cooker.

Does anyone have any recipies they have used/tried in their pressure cooker?

SEPAlander

Moroccan Sticky Chicken

i did this reciped with pheasant earlier this season.  The Instant Pot is basically a pressure cooker, so I think it would translate.  Whole family enjoyed this, even though my sauce didn’t get that sticky.

Jakeismydog2

Pressure cooking is how I cook nearly all my pheasant. Then I can then. 

Pudgy gopher

Jakeismydog2  do you have a recipe you use?

Jakeismydog2

I use this Brine:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/lemon-brined-fried-chicken

The Brine is the most important part. 

We just follow the instructions with our American canner (great product) to cook the pheasant. Then we cool the meat. Debone it and pack the Mason jars. Then follow the instructions to can it. 

Then we use the canned pheasant for pot pie (our favorite), enchilada's, soup etc. 

I really like the way the legs taste out of the pressure cooker. But the amount of Bones makes demoing them so much work. 

After we debone all of it we make pheasant stock from the Bones. Without my wife's love of pheasant stock, I probably would not get to hunt half as much as I do. 

Okhotnik

I brine all my game birds

Makes a big difference

On 12/24/2017 at 6:33 PM, Jakeismydog2 said:

I use this Brine:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/lemon-brined-fried-chicken

The Brine is the most important part. 

We just follow the instructions with our American canner (great product) to cook the pheasant. Then we cool the meat. Debone it and pack the Mason jars. Then follow the instructions to can it. 

Then we use the canned pheasant for pot pie (our favorite), enchilada's, soup etc. 

I really like the way the legs taste out of the pressure cooker. But the amount of Bones makes demoing them so much work. 

After we debone all of it we make pheasant stock from the Bones. Without my wife's love of pheasant stock, I probably would not get to hunt half as much as I do.