• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
kgb

wiring up 2 with GPS

kgb

I've been using a Dogtra 2000 T&B for a lot of years, it still works fine just had to send it back once when the transmitter would not hold a charge. It's been a training then locating device for 3 dogs and i'd like to switch to tracking collars for our littermate puppies. A single handheld unit capable of easily tracking two collars should be all I need, it looks like Garmin should suffice. 

What are you two-dog runners using to keep track of your pups? 

NECarson

I'm a one dog guy, but I regularly track buddies dogs with my Astro (320) and it works great.

I dislike the combo units for various reasons. 

WeeWilly

I run 2 dogs with a Astro 320 and a Pro 550 because sometimes GPS is not necessary (training). If you are stuck on 1 handheld and a Garmin product, Alpha is your cupcake.

kgb

I'd be happy having a unit that toggles easily between the two dogs so I know where they are and which is which, rather than separate receivers. A metal clip on the back to set it in place of the dogtra unit on the left chest pocket would be great. 

NECarson

Either of the Garmin units can display both dogs on the same screen. 

I know the Astro will easily toggle between two as well, whichever you prefer. 

Brookieslayer

I use the Tek 2.0 as the Garmin does not work on this side of the 49th...