Jump to content
FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
GB Jack

Small campers

Recommended Posts

Jim Vander

Brad a friend of mine did similar. He found a trailer that had been in an accident, it had axle damage and was beyond insurance to repair. He had a guy haul it to his camp and its worked out great.  Evidently they are pretty common,  RV values don't hold up well so get totaled easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmeador
2 hours ago, GB Jack said:

How does one do this ? Other than covered indoor storage?

ABSOLUTELY do not leave ANY foods, food stuffs, canned goods, condiments, candies or anything you think a mouse may like inside! They'll eat everything. Don't leave strike anywhere stick matches either. They'll chew the tips and flash,  the entire box goes up and one has a fire!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GB Jack
6 minutes ago, bmeador said:

ABSOLUTELY do not leave ANY foods, food stuffs, canned goods, condiments, candies or anything you think a mouse may like inside! They'll eat everything. Don't leave strike anywhere stick matches either. They'll chew the tips and flash,  the entire box goes up and one has a fire!

Thats easy enough . Canned goods? They can smell Through a hermetically sealed tin can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406dn

I keep mouse traps deployed year around. Also the sticky pads placed in strategic places are a good idea. If you have a camper,  you will have mice from time to time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GB Jack
Just now, 406dn said:

I keep mouse traps deployed year around. Also the sticky pads placed in strategic places are a good idea. If you have a camper,  you will have mice from time to time. 

Im

 nieve, how do they get in? Why? Even if stored ina. Enclosed storage space? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaberdeen

My camper came in handy with my generator when we lost power for 12hrs yesterday. I have more trouble with ants invading than mice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GB Jack
51 minutes ago, gaberdeen said:

My camper came in handy with my generator when we lost power for 12hrs yesterday. I have more trouble with ants invading than mice. 

What small generator would you recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406dn
1 hour ago, GB Jack said:

Im

 nieve, how do they get in? Why? Even if stored ina. Enclosed storage space? 

 

Trust me, the camper will not be mouse proof. They can find the only dime sized access point hidden somewhere you will never be able to find. I've never been overrun with them but I catch at least a couple every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaberdeen
1 hour ago, GB Jack said:

What small generator would you recommend?

I have a Champion 2800. It is there “quiet” model.  It has a 30amp plug in for the camper and runs everything without a hitch including the AC during the summer. I got it at Cabelas and paid 750 on sale. I think normally they are 899.very happy with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmeador
3 hours ago, GB Jack said:

Thats easy enough . Canned goods? They can smell Through a hermetically sealed tin can?

There is smell attached to the paper wrapper that attracts them. Not through the can!  At least not here in VA, I don't know about your mice!  Ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmeador

We have a dual fuel generator. Runs off 20 or 30 pound propane cylinders. Never used the gas. You can haul dogs AND fuel in the bed of the truck, under a shell, with no worry of deadly fumes.  Plus propane will last indefinitely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmeador

20180113_132248.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GB Jack
4 hours ago, gaberdeen said:

I have a Champion 2800. It is there “quiet” model.  It has a 30amp plug in for the camper and runs everything without a hitch including the AC during the summer. I got it at Cabelas and paid 750 on sale. I think normally they are 899.very happy with it.

Great advice thank u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Steese
11 hours ago, 406dn said:

I keep mouse traps deployed year around. Also the sticky pads placed in strategic places are a good idea. If you have a camper,  you will have mice from time to time. 

 

My wife and I were listening to one scurry around just last night!  He must be wise to the sticky traps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×